i need some VAG

J1nkZ

Reaction score
Hey guys, ok ive mentioned before about getting my engine light coming on and i had a reading from a non vagcom unit as fuel too rich in bank 1, then i noticed my engine breather hose had rotted all the way through, im hoping that had somthing or everything to do with it, but fitted a new hose today and now ive got some rumbling when idle and revs bumping about from 800-1000 i dono if they are connected but now this is worrying me, i know everyone says get it scanned with vagcom vcds but i dont have access to it, im looking for someone to help me out either hooking me up to theirs or hooking me up with my own vagcom so i can get some peace of mind, i *** love this car n basically i wanna make sure i get EVERYTHING done that can possibly need done but i have no way of knowing what if anything might be needed, im in livingston west lothian area but dont mind traveling any and all help greatly appreciated ;)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-help-please-read-before-posting-updated.html

...in the stickies part at the top of the 8L section... :)

No excuse for not having a copy of VCDS yourself tbh... its cheap and easy enough to get hold of and will save you $$$$

<tuffty/>

hey , sorry but in all honesty i am a total noob, this is my first car im a very late starter, i was really hoping to get in touch with someone who could give me some hands on help as in me take the car to tthem type thing, im sure i'll pick it up sooner or later but right now im just worried about my car ;(

hey , sorry but in all honesty i am a total noob, this is my first car im a very late starter, i was really hoping to get in touch with someone who could give me some hands on help as in me take the car to tthem type thing, im sure i'll pick it up sooner or later but right now im just worried about my car ;(

Pop over to the VCDS section and check out the user map...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Hey guys, ok ive mentioned before about getting my engine light coming on and i had a reading from a non vagcom unit as fuel too rich in bank 1, then i noticed my engine breather hose had rotted all the way through, im hoping that had somthing or everything to do with it, but fitted a new hose today and now ive got some rumbling when idle and revs bumping about from 800-1000 i dono if they are connected but now this is worrying me, i know everyone says get it scanned with vagcom vcds but i dont have access to it, im looking for someone to help me out either hooking me up to theirs or hooking me up with my own vagcom so i can get some peace of mind, i *** love this car n basically i wanna make sure i get EVERYTHING done that can possibly need done but i have no way of knowing what if anything might be needed, im in livingston west lothian area but dont mind traveling any and all help greatly appreciated ;)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/scotland/160593-scottish-region-members-list.html#post1602626

There are at least 7 members in Edinburgh and numerous in glasgow. They are highlighted in red on the above link. I gave you this link a few weeks ago, if you have trouble with getting a hold of one of the guys, give me a pm and i will organise for you.