JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Engine under tray

Since I've had my car (2 years) it's been missing it's under tray. With all the recent cold, salty conditions, it made me think about buying one with the new side pieces and attach it. Do you think an under tray is that important?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    No.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

1st Gear

Status
    I don't think mine's got one and it still looks immaculate under there!

Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    What's one of those? :P
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok, I take it it's not too important then. The side trims (that the under tray attach to) were falling down a while back so i removed those as well.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    The side pieces and undertray serve two main purposes... one is to act as a sound deadener the other to protect the underside of the engine from stuff that will lead to corrosion...

Power steering pipes tend to suffer (tbf they do with the stuff in place too) but I still have all the underside covers fitted and I reckon it helps keep my bay pretty clean...

Each to their own at the end of the day but if you haven't got them they are not cheap IIRC to buy form a dealer.... the undertray alone was over 100 quid from memory

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers for the heads up tufty, there are some full kits on the bay of e for around the £60 mark. I'm tempted.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by doublem_1 View Post
    Cheers for the heads up tufty, there are some full kits on the bay of e for around the £60 mark. I'm tempted.
    mine has just arrive today got it from the seller named Nerobart tryed haggling with him and manged to get mine for 55£ thats all 3 pieces + fitting kit gonna try and get my mechanic to fit it this weekend.

back ground : when i brought the car the middle bit was missing, it was on my TQS previously aswell. however one of the side bits has been bent and grounds out on most things so was planning to pull it off until we had all the snow, and i saw it in the road on a return jurney so stopped and picked it up! however it was the drivers side which was the good side! so the bent panel is still bent and attached but have twisted it up higher now so it wont be an issue for next couple of days i hope!

but will reply as soon as i get it fitted and let you know how well/easy my guy finds it! ( no instructions included btw) along with golf aero wiper arms that arrived!

Ben