I haven't found a definitive guide on changing your coolant and I haven't done a coolant change in a while, I want to make sure A) I'm doing it right and B) I'm not missing any good hints or tips on how to do it.....:-)
1) make sure car isnt too hot from running
2) raise car on Ramps or jacks
3) locate coolant drain , on s3 passenger side front just behind front bumper tray ect ect.
4) open bonnet and then locate coolant reservoir , remove coolant cap ( let's drain quicker)
5) open tap on coolant drain , pull tap towards back of car and rotate clockwise 90 degrees
6) let it drain into a large enough container to take the contents of the reservoir approx 5 litres, completely drained! Turn tap off.
7) put g12 pink coolant at a 50/50 mixture with water into the reservoir bottle until it is full.
8) start the car and let it run up to running temp, some of the coolant will go into the system so top up again
9) wedge the accelerator at about 1200rpm , screw the coolant cap back on but not all the way down bleed air out system, continue to top up as needed until the level stays in between the min or max Mark on the reservoir . ( approx 5 litres to fill)
10) screw the cap down completely and take wedge off accelerator , job done?
So any help on this would be great, I'm planning on doing this at the weekend or sometime soon. If anyone has done a guide point me in the direction of it.
Cheers in advance guys.