A3 2001head light mod

heathy

Reaction score
Hi im trying to paint my headlights insides black but dont no how to take apart the light . i no they have to go in the oven but i dont no how to pull the thing apart that moves the light level

Pop off the 4 metal clips, then heat the join with a hot air gun gently and prize apart. dont bother trying to clean the gunk off, just add to it when you re seal.

Some people put the headlights in the oven, never done that myself though!

EDIT:
Re read your post, the level adjuster, wind the headlight adjusters so the chassis moved as close as possible to the bulb cover, twist the level moter till it releases, and when you have enough play it will slide out of the plastic clip.

These plastic clips always break, be ready to look for the modded alu ones on a sticky somewhere here for sale :D

Pop off the 4 metal clips, then heat the join with a hot air gun gently and prize apart. dont bother trying to clean the gunk off, just add to it when you re seal.

Some people put the headlights in the oven, never done that myself though!
Hi mate but dont i have to disconect the two headlight adjusters and how do i do it . I want to take the light right apart so i can paint them