Exciting times ahead.....

Just got this....
3BE2F568-D9E5-4061-B511-E0297492651B-2478-000000D26E3F5490.jpg
Can this be fitted without relocating the battery to the boot or would it just be easier to do that....?

Reactions: Sam_
Its tight but can be done... preference is to relocate as you can get a nicer run on the charge pipe (assuming you fabricate a new one from the FMIC)

I test fitted a SEM a while back...
20110703_IMAG0035.jpg

20110703_IMAG0042.jpg

Battery was in the front but I was using my original custom pipework at the time..
20100917_IMAG0302.jpg

..but with the battery out the way...
20120928_130827.jpg

20120929_174106.jpg

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Reactions: cecilthesausage
how long until your return mate?

from airport/dock - - -straight to pick up the audi!:racer:

how long until your return mate?

from airport/dock - - -straight to pick up the audi!:racer:
No I'm home now.... Got back on Friday mate... Was waiting for injectors...it's being worked on today.... Need to sort the fuelling out as well.... Hopefully get back soon.....lol

SOunds good, its going to be stupidly fast when you get it back! I hope to see this at some shows this year, audi driver international would be one of them :D

This is going to be the longest week of your life!!!

SOunds good, its going to be stupidly fast when you get it back! I hope to see this at some shows this year, audi driver international would be one of them :D

This is going to be the longest week of your life!!!
I'll get to something this year....All depends on work commitments.... I just want it back now.....lol..... Can't f@@kin wait....

Starting to take shape now....
68E02748-BCAA-4347-B950-C7C3812DE2BB-5017-000001F2660E8342.jpg
<br>Unfortunately the bits and bobs for the fuelling don't come into early next week so it won't be ready before I go back to work..... So it will be the middle of May before I will get it back....:banghead:

15D1516B-5D68-4013-A43F-0922FD5FA233-7347-000002F8E90EE6C1.jpg

Frontmount going on.... Must be close now....lol Sod's law it will be about ready the day I have to go back to work.....lol

I dont mind picking it up for you, I'll drive it until you come back to make sure its all working correctly for ya :blackrs4:

Reactions: Sevv
Well got this back from the powder coaters today.... Much prefer it in black.... Just need a car to put it on now..... Been told this week sometime so can't wait....
null-2.jpg

Surely the inlet and throttle body are going to go on before it's mapped dude?

You shouldn't have it mapped on the stock ones then change it straight away.

This is my bay as it stands so will have to move battery to the boot to get the mani to fit....
null-3.jpg

Be interesting before and after results if he does though.

No I'm not Nick... Just want to get it back for the moment been away since 26th Feb through one thing or another.... Got a few other bits and bobs to accumulate first.... Get it back... Get it on a dyno see what power it's got and then take it from there....

So I assume there is a map of some sort on the ecu currently that's written for the current MAF and injectors then>?

Just wanting to make sure it's safe man, you can't run it at all without a map of sorts, and you certainly can't dyno it, so unless you've somehow inherited Pats old map (which from his power figures must have been terrible) someone will have to put a map of sorts on it first....

I'm just keen to see this build make the kind of figures you'd expect, because last count I heard, Pat was about 100bhp short of a full basket!

but why not? why build something and never finish it?

I'd be mortified if I got 340bhp from that setup. no disrespet to Pat intended, but it never really seemed anywhere close to what it should have been.

is 400 still the limit even on the stroker?

Its a gt30 compact. So expect similar figures to tuffty.

But, and you wont be a fan of this, low comp pistons in it.
So it will need 8000psi to make epic figures.
Think pat had it at 1.2 bar or something modest.

i enquired about this turbo before cecil bought the whole dam lot, and tbh, pat wasnt entirely sure on the full specs of it because someone else, his builder i think, specd the turbo for him

Its a gt30 compact. So expect similar figures to tuffty.

But, and you wont be a fan of this, low comp pistons in it.
So it will need 8000psi to make epic figures.
Think pat had it at 1.2 bar or something modest.

i enquired about this turbo before cecil bought the whole dam lot, and tbh, pat wasnt entirely sure on the full specs of it because someone else, his builder i think, specd the turbo for him
Karlos shy boys get no sweets.... If you are not fast your last....:whistle2:

So I assume there is a map of some sort on the ecu currently that's written for the current MAF and injectors then>?

Just wanting to make sure it's safe man, you can't run it at all without a map of sorts, and you certainly can't dyno it, so unless you've somehow inherited Pats old map (which from his power figures must have been terrible) someone will have to put a map of sorts on it first....

I'm just keen to see this build make the kind of figures you'd expect, because last count I heard, Pat was about 100bhp short of a full basket!
Currently has only My Stage1 on my ECU Nick.... When the fuelling is sorted out over the next day or so it's ready to be remapped with Revo Stage3... Will be able to run more boost than what Pat was running.... Plan is just to get it home get it dyno,d and then just take it from there...

A little update all the fuelling system has been sorted out and fitted....
null-4.jpg
null-5.jpg
null-6.jpg
null-7.jpg

That looks like a really decent bit of kit to set the fuel pump up. Where did you get the bits from?

That looks like a really decent bit of kit to set the fuel pump up. Where did you get the bits from?
Don't know Sam just left it to Andy who has fitted the engine....I could find out for you if you want me to.....? I think it's all cost about £450....

I think bill sells those adapters for the standard lines? I'm thinking of mounting a surge tank in the rear end somehow so would need something similar to what you have setup.

It's been fitted on the OS rear inner chassis leg above the exhaust heat shield....

Nice one ta.
This is the reply I received Sam.... Hope this helps....
Hi Rob, I get most of the jic ends and the hose from HoseTechnik (they are part of Forge) and get all of the adapters from a company called Touques. You are correct with the sizes, I have left the original check valve that comes with the pump on the outlet/pressure side of the pump and put a Banjo-jic 6 (8mm) fitting on it. The other side, fuel in has a m18x1.5 - jic 6 adapter on it. Just waiting on one more adapter for fuel system and hose retainers now I know where it runs then software and testing ;-) cheers Andy

Just a little update upon My Hero,s request..... Was due to get the car back this week, but have to fly back to the Betty Ford Cinic on Monday for a fortnight.... So decided it would be best to send the manifold and throttle body down to Andy to get fitted.... He is also going to relocate the battery to the boot and fabricate some pipework similar to this what Tuffty has.....
null-8.jpg
Also purchased a Blitz boost controller on the say so of Pat..... Don't know what the **** it does just got told that I needed one.....lol Hopefully after my little trip I can just jump straight on a plane from Aberdeen to Hull and pick up when I get home..... That's the plan anyway...

Reactions: s3dave, superkarl and Goubo1
Well she's already to roll bar the manifold which he won't have time to put on before Andy goes away...... Boost controller footed nice and discretely and battery relocated to the boot..... Pick her up on Saturday if I get home on Friday....Fog prevailing.... Can't wait.... Whoop F@@kin Whoop...
null-10.jpg
null-11.jpg
null-13.jpg

Reactions: s3dave
Looks awesome man :) I bet you're very excited.

I'd argue that you didn't need the boost controller though. Hope you didn't spend a lot on it.