This might be a simple question... Is the S3 and TT bay and bulk head the same?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I've been offered a mk1 TT cheap and was going to trial things on with a view to not needing to take my S3 off the road...
but I'm unsure everything is the same? Regarding turbo/ down pipe clearance.
Any help or advice would be good, the TT has come up cheap as it needs a down pipe.

I believe it is mate. The only thing different i believe is the washer bottle.

Ah, so making things to fit the TT wouldn't swap straight to my s3?
the TT is Quattro ,

Everything will fit mate, mark just means its tighter to work on, tip, dp etc will swap across.

Engine bay layout is tighter as the front curves round more... this is why the washer bottle is moved to where it is... no room... the battery sits further in too... PITA tbh :)

(oh and the TT is a shorter wheel base for the record...)

That said the relentless fits on no different than it does on to an S3... you just have to hope the one you buy is the same shape as the previous one that came off the production line as despite being better than they were relentless consistency is still pretty much non existent...

<tuffty/>

A hard top stripped out isn't really a puffs car, it will just be a work in progress toy

And if fitting a fmic, the pipe layout is different.

Not only are the two bays similar. You can also put the rear lights in the front and the front lights in the rear, then you can drive in reverse everywhere :lmfao:

A hard top stripped out isn't really a puffs car, it will just be a work in progress toy

I love mk1 TTs esp the hard top versions. Sod what they look like from outside, theres a real sense of occasion from inside, love the swooping down roof line at the from ala le mans racer...