AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liquids3

Thread: Rubbish tyre's

1st Gear

Status

Rubbish tyre's

Got s3 alloys with 3 brand new tyres on a bought 1 today cost £60, to keep the front 2 and back 2 the same
    tyres are
    Event wl905
    And
    accelera alpha
    Anybody experienced these any good or utter mince
    Last edited by Den13; 21st January 2013 at 15:08.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Oh deer oh deer oh deer, what we going to do now tuffty lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Rubbish tyre's

Quote Originally Posted by Den13 View Post
    accelera alpha
    Funny you should mention these as I was parked up next to an impreza yesterday and it had these tyres. I'd never heard of them before.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    They`ve just finished bottom in the 2012 EVO performance tyre test lol. Conti contact 3 won, Hankook S1 EVO was second and Goodyear Eagle F1`s were 3rd. They did say they felt better than other budget tyres though but made the track feel like it had oil on it haha.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

1st Gear

Status
    Oh deer lol al see how the mrs finds them after snows away skint ATM going threw Hgv close to bloody 2k so can't afford them at the moment, there all legal the main thing it's only a 1.6 so hopfully will be ok

1st Gear

Status
    Got s3 alloys with 3 brand new tyres on a bought 1 today cost £60, to keep the front 2 and back 2 the same
    tyres are
    Event wl905
    And
    accelera alpha
    Anybody experienced these any good or utter mince
    I refer to these as "Ditchfinders", because they will find the nearest ditch and dump you in it!

Money grabbing s3!

Status

Rubbish tyre's

U'll only end up in a ditch if u drive like a bell end, just take it easy on them until u can afford a little better, but I wouldn't be worried about putting the best recommended tires on as its only a 1.6

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

1st Gear

Status
    Yup I know tyres are really important, will just wait and see how we get on obv para tho cos my son will be in the car aswell

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Not much you can do now if you have them on the car already, either change them or drive carefully, take it easy on them mate.

1st Gear

Status
    Well three of them came with the alloys brand new tyres so got an other one to match, but there getting refurbished so they will not be going on till the better weather anyway so hopefully is a great summer pmsl

1st Gear

Status
    Good spot tuffty. Never ever buy event tyres lads & ladies, they really are truly awful.

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    these event tyres sound interesting 'these will understeer, gradually switching to oversteer in a manner that the old Audi Quattro Works rally drivers were able to do in the 1980s.'

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I doubt very much you will find much trouble in your 1.6 if you just drive a bit more careful. I run budget tyres on my Passat Estate, as it's a mile muncher. I had no problem driving up the hill full of snow in my car, where a woman in her Merc A class abandoned her car almost outside my house, as she couldn't get up in her continentals. I just push up the hill 30 minutes ago actually, told her to pull off in 2nd, and use low revs and clutch control, I will do the rest! I basically just leaned on her car, as soon as she started to move, she got up!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    in an S3 you must be on a sucide mission.
    secondhand premiums are better.
    NANKANGS which are slightly better than those nearly killed me.
    i see lots of people at tyre shops buying these tyres on super-fast cars.
    its false economy.

1st Gear

Status
    there all legal the main thing it's only a 1.6 so hopfully will be ok

1st Gear

Status
    Wouldnt worry about using event tyres on a 1.6 too much cos bumble (400bhp plus s3) came supplied with these and are ok in the dry but as the name suggests an event too use in the wet lol. Wheel and tyres will be coming off in the summer though

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I had to get rid of the "Infinity INF05" tyres off my S3 before they got rid of me! They were ok at best in the dry and damn lethal in the wet. They made a wet road feel like ice

I drive a 1.2 corsa as a daily driver at the moment and I wouldn't even want anything other then a premium tyre brand on there as I do 100 miles a day and still chuck it about a fair bit. I dont really think power levels or engine size matters that much when even taking a mini roundabout at 20mph on cheap tyres lets go in any car.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had a pair of them on the front of mine when I bought it, '94' loading too, and as expressed above, they were total ****e.
    I put up with them for 18months(in order to get the milage out of them) an am glad to be on a set of Conti's now. I blame them for my poor road holding(which I orginally thought was down to my knackerd lower bushes, but once replaced it didn't improve it resulting in me never having any confidence with the front grip). I'm pretty convinced too that they were the reason my ESP would kick in mid bend as the understeer took over, as the back would grip and push the front out further.

Yes true crap tires.

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    The 452,s aren't so budget now Paul... I bought 2 for my Porker 225/40/18 they were 75 quid each in June from Camskill..... Now the same skids are about 110.....

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    The 452,s aren't so budget now Paul... I bought 2 for my Porker 225/40/18 they were 75 quid each in June from Camskill..... Now the same skids are about 110.....
    Appears they no longer list 452's in that size... they have the 453's though..
    Falken Tyres / Car / Falken FK453 Azenis Falken FK 453 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL TL Fuel Eff.: F Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB 88.75 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    Appears they no longer list 452's in that size... they have the 453's though..
    Falken Tyres / Car / Falken FK453 Azenis Falken FK 453 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL TL Fuel Eff.: F Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB 88.75 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18

<tuffty/>

5th Gear

Status
    yes the 452's are great,i have them on mine,they are discontinued now,due to new tyre law's in europe,all tyre's must now state there road noice,wet weather grip,and fuel ratio.the 452's as a rotational tyre seemed to kick of alot of road noice,so falken have now changed to a 453x block tread pattern for less noice,also toyo t1r's are not being re made.as working in a tyre depot i have sold a close freind the new 453x for his integra dc5,and he said they are great.and obveously they have done wel in the new tyre regulation's.
    Westy likes this.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!