Return to the Nurburgring!

I

imported_Stewart

Just had another AWESOME weekend at the 'Ring' with the my old mates from www.uk-mkivs.net ... even though it was slightly damp...

Pic here :-
http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/TEST!/Ring2/Alex/DSC_0100.JPG

Full set of pics here (including 2 with my arms around Sabine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )
http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/TEST!/Ring2/

Saw a couple of RS4's (R50 one being one), anyone off here, i was looking out for Scotty but no red ones...

If anyone is thinking about doing this trip, then dont think, just do it, absolutely amazing experience and just gets better everytime...

Did a 10m 15s in the wet which im pretty chuffed about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow - you're brave going out in those conditions... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I went out a few years ago on a completely wet track in my S4 and it was great, better than in the dry and amazing what can be passed - but having seen several accidents on wet days I leave them for watching now!

Sounds like a good trip though!

I was definately there as I met and spoke to Dubbers off uk-mrkivs!

I got their for the saturday evening session and left on Tuesday morning doing 16 laps in the process.

It was very wet. Strangley I found the slightly drizzly Monday slippier than the Sunday. I had a great time although on one lap the visibility disappeared completely and we missed the turn in for the mini karasell (sp?), I saw the concrete section out the side and we turned just in time. We were only going slow. We got back to find they'd shut the track whilst we were out. That was Sunday evening.

Only dissapointment was not putting my name down for a reserve drive with Sabine.

Ahh, yours will be the new shape S4 with Ring decal on the back? Sorry, i was looking for a red RS4 lol

Yeah it was very slippery but excellent fun, i have vivid memories of my passenger white knuckling the seat and screaming when speed overcame friction at the exit to Brunchen (sp?), almost went grass tracking there lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The track re-opened on Sunday (was an accident) and I managed to get another couple of laps in but the weather really started closing in then...

Did you see some of the Drifting boys go round? DriftR in the skyline was AMAZING, we were stood at Brunchen taking in the peace and serenity of a misty German dusk when all of a sudden this howling screeching maniac comes haring round the corner, full broadside, stays on almost full lock (facing the wrong way) then at the last moment swings into the first Brunchen corner and powers off (still sideways)
http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/TEST!/Ring2/Sarah/IMG_2095.jpg
I was that astounded that when Ed (Dubbers) asked me "the BMW driver was pretty good wasnt he:?" i hadnt seen the bimmer even though it was right behind him!

We're starting the next Ring trip for Easter or May Day bank hol weekend next year...BIG interest for this already...

Scotty, did you go to Sabines on Sat night? Top laugh!
Me and Sabine having a bit of a 'cuddle' lol
http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/TEST!/Ring2/Ed/IMG_0805.jpg

Muahhh i wanna go back right now!

Thats the one.

I prefer the B6. I like Scottys Motor

Sabine looking lovely as ever there in the other picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Woohoo Proof I was there. I only parked down that end once and that's when I bumped into Dubbers.

I had that Skyline come up behind me as I went into Adenauer Forst. I looked in my mirror to see the car totally sideways! The other nutty drifers were the Alfa boys. I was in my mates BMW and we didn't know they were drifters. The first time we thought he'd lost it good and proper. The only problem is getting past a car that's sideways across the track!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you look in the background of that pic you'll see another red S4. It's a 1.8T S-line but looked so much like mine I kept thinking someone had nicked it. I spoke to the guy and it turned out to be the same fella that I'd been through the same thing with last year!! He still wants to swap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sat night we all gathered at the hotel as people were all arriving at different times.

Sunday we went into Adenau and ended up spending sometime with the Cossies guys. One was shouting his head off in the high street. A classic "brits abroad" moment unfortunately. I hope this isn't the way it's going.

Did you see the Jag on Saturday at the start of Hatzenbach. He was in our group on his first ever lap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

p.s. Do I happen to be in any more pics? All the photographers seem to go home as the weather got so bad.

The Ring is soooo wonderful - did some laps there in mye A3 TQ this summer, and I'm going back! :)

[ QUOTE ]

Sunday we went into Adenau and ended up spending sometime with the Cossies guys. One was shouting his head off in the high street. A classic "brits abroad" moment unfortunately. I hope this isn't the way it's going.

Did you see the Jag on Saturday at the start of Hatzenbach. He was in our group on his first ever lap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We were the big bunch waiting to go into Pinochios after the Ford lot...

OMG that jag was a sorry state, i passed it on my outlap, looked a right mess, what happened exactly? I take it the back end came round while braking into the left hander prior to the long right?

Whats the verdict on it? Right off?

[ QUOTE ]
OMG that jag was a sorry state, i passed it on my outlap, looked a right mess, what happened exactly? I take it the back end came round while braking into the left hander prior to the long right?

Whats the verdict on it? Right off?

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly as you said. A biker saw it and said he simply went in too fast and stomped on the brakes. Back came round and he went straight in nose first. The impact then flicked him round 180degrees to how it was left.

I'm sure it won't be a right off....but it won't be cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks Defratos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We like pics too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scotty, let us know how the Jag man goes on, interesting to see how much it costs him :|

R50 was me... Getting the pics now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Phil, nice car you have there, what are the seats you have?

They're the GmbH seats.... One off, trimmed in Silk Nappa. I was going to come over and say "Hi", but must have got distracted by something else. We were in a group, I see you got a pic of the 996 Cup (Andy, ex 'Noggy Babe' RS4 Sportec 460 and then some). Also we have a bad RS6, and a few other assorted mean machines. Of to Spa and the Ring again at the end of the month. Glad your pics showed the extent of the sh!te weather.... I drove like a bird (not Sabine) for most of the weekend. Thanks to Scotty for the 'dots of joy' though.

[ QUOTE ]
They're the GmbH seats.... One off, trimmed in Silk Nappa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean one off because of the re-trim?

Are they available to buy?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're the GmbH seats.... One off, trimmed in Silk Nappa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean one off because of the re-trim?

Are they available to buy?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were trimmed by Recaro on special order through quattro GmbH. They usually have cloth inserts, these are Silk Nappa. Your best bet would be to buy them through Recaro UK, or http://www.k300performance.co.uk/ . Make sure you specify _everything_ in leather, and be prepared to wait.... About 6 months + !! Standard seat in leather is just over £1000 each, and then add another £300 each for the full leather.

* * Pic Here * *

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to Scotty for the 'dots of joy' though.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're great ain't they!! Once you've spotted them it's hard to miss them but before someone points them out you never notice them!!

I wish I could do Spa and the 'ring again this month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Got a mate who lives in Adenau, he drives a std Mk11 Golf gti and he is doing 8 min xx second laps- local knowledge eh!

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty, let us know how the Jag man goes on, interesting to see how much it costs him :|

[/ QUOTE ]

The car is no more i.e. financial write off.

They reckoned £28k to repair it. The owner has now gone out and spent £42k on a replacement and has gone to Germany to reclaim the various mods (brakes etc).

An expensive weekend!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif