Oil flashing and Three Beeps.

Jamo2013

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I checked my oil the other day and it was low, so I topped it up. Now when I start the car, 9/10 times it beeps three times and the oil can stars flashing at me. This then goes off relatively quickly - say a minute? Any ideas what is causing this? Never had this issue until I added oil. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks. Jamie

is it the big red warning or the low oil ?
if its the big oil low preasure get the sump off and change the pickup pipe asap
or your gona need a rebuild or engine

Don't drive it until you have found out what the problem is. If there isn't already engine damage you may do some by driving it. If the oil level is fine, check the oil pressure. As mentioned above a culprit for causing low oil pressure is a clogged up oil strainer pickup.

Interesting. This has happened to me today too. I wonder if the cold weather had just brought this on a little sooner?

What have you decided to do?

the low oil preasure comes with 3 beeps not only the bad battery

Reactions: danderton
i think you'll find the three beeps being alarm battery obviously the oil light is a problem and needs sorting ASAP!have you checked oil level?

I think you'll find you are wrong. RED oil can and 3 beeps means no oil pressure after 1500 RPM, Audi/VW don't even check the pressure before that point. DO NOT run it, Idle or anything until you have checked and found the cause.

@Darren t the 3 beeps for the alarm are quiet and come from the rear of the car just after unlocking it, not in coincidence with a red oil can

Cheers, yes its as i thought. Going to get towed to the garage tomorrow. Hoping nothing else has gone as it was sounding rough by time i pulled over. :(