Bagged an RNS-D for £50 is that good?

cjsuk

Reaction score
Here it is WP 000609

As I deliver to garages every day, I noticed this a bit ago on the sehef of a regular customers and kept noticing every time i delivered. Yesterday I decided to ask the bloke what he is doing with it?. He said "its just sat there collecting dust" apparentley he got it for his 8p but found out it wouldnt work in it, so I asked if he was selling it and he said make me an offer so i said £50 he then said...........yea ok lol.
Now tbh I havent got a clue if thats good or not but looking on ebay they go for £250 ish!

I know I need the gps antenna and nav disc (i think, not sure if its loaded). I also need the code, is there a code calculator to do it or will it be a decoding shop that needs to do it? or can i do it some way?

I plugged it in and it all lights up and the screen is perfect it's just asking for the code.

Is there anything else I need to do to wire it up? or is it just plug n play mine currentley is a concert 2 in a 2001 1.8t aum a3.

I cant find a guide so help would be appreciated. Im just wanting to initially get the cd n radio working and do the nav later.

Cheers guys and gals oh and really im back, just nothings been happening in car world lateley so I havent posted lol

​Thats a good deal Carl. Good to have you back. Im sure there is a guide somewhere on here for rns-d. :) x

Just popped top off and it has a 2005 nav disc in it, so scrap the nav disc bit lol

If you already have double din dash. It's a lot easier.
Grab a puck style aerial from eBay.
Plug it in and hide it up in the dash as close to the windscreen as you can for better reception.

Depends on the wiring on your car as to wether the rest is plug and play or not. For basic nav and stereo functions mine just plugged straight in after splicing in a safe cable.

I have a guide in the stickies mate.

I think it will be plug n play (just a feeling) looked at the guide, thanks pal, one thing though is there any way to decode the ****** (without spending) I used to decode ford radio's yrs ago with a calculator on the pc, is that avalible for this, i have heard ppl ringing Audi and giving there chasis number and radio serial and they get the code so I presume there's a calculator out there somewhere or is there anyone on here who can do it??

Thanks

Is that a 8L unit or a B5 unit?

Lucky lucky ******* for getting it for £50 it looks to be in really good condition.
The part number relates to the A8, S8, A6 and A4 dunno the difference between the 8l and b5 version tbh, all the plugs fit, fits dash, same colour as the dash and it powers on (just needs decoding) it is very good condition im quite chuffed with my little self lol

[h=3][/h]

The part number relates to the A8, S8, A6 and A4 dunno the difference between the 8l and b5 version tbh, all the plugs fit, fits dash, same colour as the dash and it powers on (just needs decoding) it is very good condition im quite chuffed with my little self lol
[h=3][/h]

The B5 version is shorter and wider than the 8L version.
The 8L version I got fitted in my B5 leaves gaps down the side and I had to remove about 2-4mm from my upper dash trim for it all go fit in to place.

The B5 version is shorter and wider than the 8L version.
The 8L version I got fitted in my B5 leaves gaps down the side and I had to remove about 2-4mm from my upper dash trim for it all go fit in to place.
ahh rite, i thought they were all the same (learn something new every day) cheers for that info :)

Cjsuk
Ask around. There are plenty of people normally willing to trade a4 units for a3 ones.
Ask around in sure you'll be able to trade it for one that fits

Very nice price. I'm on the hunt myself for one sub-£100, ideally for 8L, to complete my single to double conversion.

Nah, I meant sub-£100 as in less than £100, rather than an actual subwoofer :)

ironicaly I'm looking for one for an A4 sub £100 ATM, I bet nothing will be available for either of us now we are looking