Over boosting

darren t

Reaction score
I've recently fitted a new actuator standar actuator it's boosting 0.5bar actuator pressure but when I connect n75 electrical connector ie full boost 1.5 I hit and hold very strong but on the odd occasion on a steep hill in 4th/5th I get over boost and soft limp mode it comes out of limp mode itself after a couple of Minuits is this too much preload???i have undone actuator 1 turn still geting over boost and actuator isn't even half way pretty sure it's factory set? Car feels so much stronger!!:yahoo:

stronger cos its running more boost... However before you get all excited, check your timing pull and fueling.. and boost with a gauge as vcds/liqui will only ever show you max of the map sensor 2550mb absolute ~1.5bar gauge

std actuator pressure is normally 5psi (your 7.25psi/0.5bar is a little over std) which may account for the overshoot in boost and resultant limp mode.

I assume you still haven't had your car mapped properly yet? IIRC you have rebuilt your engine recently with a hybrid??
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/176522-can-some-one-tell-me-how-adjust-fuel.html

You are gonna be chasing your tail a little with all of these mods and you need to update your sig or at least post the engine spec on all of these random threads as context is key to helping you out with your crop of issues tbh...

You are still running a custom code stage one on a hybrid? unknown actuator? (got one from beachbuggy?)

<tuffty/>

I assume you still haven't had your car mapped properly yet? IIRC you have rebuilt your engine recently with a hybrid??
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/176522-can-some-one-tell-me-how-adjust-fuel.html

You are gonna be chasing your tail a little with all of these mods and you need to update your sig or at least post the engine spec on all of these random threads as context is key to helping you out with your crop of issues tbh...

You are still running a custom code stage one on a hybrid? unknown actuator? (got one from beachbuggy?)

<tuffty/>
nothing wrong with my map its not a custom code stage1 I was told its a hybrid custom map!!!unknown who by company I bought of advised me it has been in there possession 2 running 320bhp pmsl but turbo blew mani cracked was all replaced back standard and that's when I bought it my boost is my problem as I was a bit rich with the way the car goes now I don't think ill be running rich anymore lol I' want a health check off bill ASAP ill try do a log but I'd be doing the log on a snow dyno!!!!!!

stronger cos its running more boost... However before you get all excited, check your timing pull and fueling.. and boost with a gauge as vcds/liqui will only ever show you max of the map sensor 2550mb absolute ~1.5bar gauge

std actuator pressure is normally 5psi (your 7.25psi/0.5bar is a little over std) which may account for the overshoot in boost and resultant limp mode.
yes bill definatly more boost now the car is back the way I bought it but better very happy!it boost up too 1.7 bar says 1.8bar on my gauge but have been advised gauge is out by 0.1bar/0.2!!!im hoping my timing cfs 6 at 5000rpm goes down now as wastegate can move free now!!!id come down today but don't fancy starting her up in this weather soon as snow clears I'm on my way bill !!!

I would rather be the judge of the map vs issues once seen it.
do you think it would be possible for you too tell me what map/who I've got as I'd like too know as I've rang several company's with no record??amd/revo/apr

id come down today but don't fancy starting her up in this weather soon as snow clears I'm on my way bill !!!

I would advise calling and booking as I am booked up often... and if on another customer car/project I wont be able to help you
Please dont just turn up.. Call to check first
cheers

I would advise calling and booking as I am booked up often... and if on another customer car/project I wont be able to help you
Please dont just turn up.. Call to check first
cheers
i will do bill just saying I'm ready lol after 1year I think I'm getting some were my 2nd s3 and most annoying one just one thing after another had too replace coolant temp sensor again!!