Help needed!!!!!!!!! Any idea what country these cars are from?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I've now found another picture of a car with a smaller passenger side mirror where the driver sits of the right. So I am pretty sure that in some countries that they must have smaller mirrors on the passenger’s side. Vagparts have told me that they don't, but two different cars with smaller passenger mirrors can't be a one off can it?

Anyway here are the pictures:

euromirrors02.jpg

mattigunknownmirror.jpg

I've looked at this list of left-hand driving countries LEFTHAND Driving and looked at the corresponding Audi site where possible, but no joy.

So basically I need to find the country where they drive on the left where the driver sits on the right. Where they had smaller passenger mirrors on the pre-facelift cars 96-2001

Cheers Mark.

Here is what the corresponding small drivers mirror looks like:

euromirrors01.jpg

I can source one of these easy, but not the other!!!! Please help if you can.

I've spent hours looking, but I'm not getting anywhere

[ QUOTE ]
The 1st one I assume is from USA as in West Orange, New Jersey.

The 2nd Germany go here

http://www.mattig.de/

Rgds

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one looks like it is RHD though - the stubby mirror (which IMO reminds me of Nemo with his bad fin, especially in orange, lol) is on the left and the wipers sweep from left to right (if that makes sense)

There's a chance that the pictures of the cars have been inverted before the writing was added. You'd be surprised at how often this happens during editing. So therefore they may actually be LHD cars after all. Just a thought but worth considering in case you end up on a wild goose chase??? I can't post pics but if you go into photoshop and flip the image horizontally you'll see what i mean.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a chance that the pictures of the cars have been inverted before the writing was added. You'd be surprised at how often this happens during editing. So therefore they may actually be LHD cars after all. Just a thought but worth considering in case you end up on a wild goose chase??? I can't post pics but if you go into photoshop and flip the image horizontally you'll see what i mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what VAG Parts said when I Emailed them, but the wipers look as if they are those of a RHD car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what VAG Parts said when I Emailed them, but the wipers look as if they are those of a RHD car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you invert the picture then they'll look as though they're off a LHD car.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you invert the picture then they'll look as though they're off a LHD car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just learnt something in Photoshop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've been wanting to know how to do that, but on the other hand it looks like your theory is correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just learnt something in Photoshop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've been wanting to know how to do that, but on the other hand it looks like your theory is correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that but at least it's saved you a few hours/days/months/years searching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that but at least it's saved you a few hours/days/months/years searching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I had already wasted 6 hours! Oh well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The 1st one I assume is from USA as in West Orange, New Jersey.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as a point of interest, the A3 was never sold in the USA.

[ QUOTE ]
probably imported...the 8p is the first 3series audi sold in the US

[/ QUOTE ]

Which may explain it being RHD and tuned by a US tuner then....

Back to the main topic. As I mentioned earlier I reckon the pictures of the two cars shown above have been inverted and they are actually LHD. I think I've found the orange one on a german website and you can see it is LHD. The links below show what I think is the same car as above but after a few modifications, there are too many similarities - wheels, bodykit and no side repeaters. Even the dangly air freshener type thing on the rear view mirror looks the same!! Oh and of course they're both orange!!

http://www.sebboonline.de/coper/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=584

http://www.sebboonline.de/coper/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=250

http://www.sebboonline.de/coper/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=252

http://www.sebboonline.de/coper/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=582

http://www.sebboonline.de/coper/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=583