Stupid mrs!!!!

Den13

Reaction score
The mrs took the key apart reasons unknown, now the fob part dont work but the key still starts the car. Easy fix or crap pain

Pics would help... don't know what your definition of apart is :)

<tuffty/>

From past experience, the keys need to be re-sync'd to the car. You're suppose to change batteries within 30 secs of taking the old one out I think?

^^^ +1... I remember having this with one of mine too... procedure is in the owners handbook IIRC...

<tuffty/>

My missus drove my A3 as a daily driver for three years totally fault free, you guys must be married to some right melons haha :yahoo:

It's back together now, starts the car but dose not open the doors with the buttons on the key will look in manual later if you recon they'd how to fix it at work just now

She's a sthill mechanic so she thinks she knows it all, got her a Haynes manual tho becouse she likes to tinker with cars normally quite good at it but sometimes a tube

According to my hand book...

The system is automatically re-syncronised is the vehicle is locked or unlocked using the key within a minute of pressing the remote control...

So... if your car is locked... press the button then immediately unlock the door using the actual key...

<tuffty/>

Press the open button on the key although nothing happens when it is in the door? Then turn the key streight after and that will recode it?

Hopfully this works and i look like a hero theni can roast the b!tch lol cheers guys will let you know how I get on