possible knocking DP

James TQ

Reaction score
i just had a downpipe and decat fitted to my standard cat back from a garage, iv only drove it a few miles back to work and when i put my food down there was a viberation from the dash. it was a 3'' downpipe and decat gitted to a a3 quattro, what could it be rubbing on? is there any danger in it? im at work now and cant get under it to look at it until the weekend?

thanks

Does it sound like a heat shield as I had to mod my one the stop it vibrating when I fitted it on my S3, cant see it being a danger hopefully just need to adjust things around the dp

Might be rubbing on the prop shaft.... check for witness marks on the prop where it close to the DP

<tuffty/>

how did you mod it to stop it? i will when i get a mo, theres no chance of it wearing out the dp or prop?

and also would a stiffer dog bone stop it flexing when setting off

Had a quick look in the freezing cold/snow looks like its very very close to touching and the bend near the subby, it only knocks when i pull away sharply or am in second for example and tap the gas and alot knock when the engine flexes. If I was to buy a new dogbone bush would it stop the engine moving as much, been looking at the red or yellow powerflex bushes what ones best for the job? Thanks