Spare wheel

Den13

Reaction score
Looking for a spare alloy to use as my spare, but what's the biggest wheel that will fit in the boot well?

Ideally you should get one thats the same as the ones on the car... don't you have a space saver? why not try one of the wheels you currently have in the spare wheel well to check it will fit?

<tuffty/>

Yeah got a space saver, putting s3 wheels on it tho and would like to pick a spare s3 up to use to keep them all the same don't have time untill tomorrow to look so thought I would ask you wonderful people :superman:

The S3 space saver is the 18" version... but it will have the same rolling radius as the S3 Avus wheel with the normal 225/45/17 wheel on... I recall you were planning to use a 215 wide wheel... this could present an issue as I also recall you plan to mix and match but I guess you will have to see how it goes..

<tuffty/>

Was going to put two 215 on but checked today and only needing to replace one tyre so will just buy an other tyre at 225/45/17 will a 225/45/17 fit in the boot well??

Was going to put two 215 on but checked today and only needing to replace one tyre so will just buy an other tyre at 225/45/17 will a 225/45/17 fit in the boot well??

Heres a thought.... you have the car, you have a wheel with a 225/45/17 already on it.... how about you take that wheel and bung it in the boot and see?... crazy idea I know ;P

Pics or it didn't happen...

<tuffty/>

Now I could perhaps try that idea but the would involve cold, removing mine and the mrs work gear from the boot put a wheel in, say hmm...It fits or ....hmmmm it don't then, tuffty tuffty guese what the tell you the results or I could pester the people on the Internet assuming someone will have tryed this and let me know,
but perhaps I might just try tomorrow before I go to my Christmas night out

will get pics of te wheels up later not on car tho mrs wants to get them painted first, £150 with 3 band new tyres good deal I would say needs painted tho but still...

While I am on tho, going to lower the car 40-45mm is there anything I need to change or is it just a matter or changing the springs cheers

Yeah... this actual doing stuff yourself thing is a ****** LOL... no harm in asking dude but seems a bit silly seeing as you actually have the stuff there that you can try... that way at least you can see for yourself... ;P

<tuffty/>

While I am on tho, going to lower the car 40-45mm is there anything I need to change or is it just a matter or changing the springs cheers

Coilovers and adjustable front ARB drop links...

<tuffty/>

And alright am lonely and really fecking lazy lol my mrs paying with her pit bike and I have no 1 to talk to lol

image_zpse42225c2.jpg

Honest there's a girl there some where

Springs only :thumbsup:just a rubbish 1.6 and adjust the drop links how:search:

45mm springs on std shocks will be A) awful and 2) fecking awful... std damper is not going to work at all well with a lower spring... damping rates will be off and ride will be rubbish plus at that drop the std damper will ride the bump stops... if you wanna go that low then coilovers or go home :)

Adjustable drop links replace the original drop links for the ARB as lowering very low on an A3 will normally cause the ARB to hit the driveshafts

<tuffty/>

JOM coilovers for yours are about £160 and perfectly adequate Den. Go with those over cheap springs.