Max power style mod - Food dying s2000 filter......

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Totally random but im stuck in a hotel bord so.

Im going to order a filter from gsf later and wondered, could i use red food dye and dye the paper element red? Obviously id leave it to fully dry out before use! Would it take and could it cause any issues? Cant see it doing any harm but wanted to ask lol.

Last edited:
Hahaha! This thread should be called "Ghetto mods of the Max Power days" haha!

Seriously though... I can't see why it would damage it tbh. I'd be more inclined to use clothing dye though, because it is cotton you're dying after all. Just make sure it's totally dry before fitting it as you would when washing a filter :)

Thats it, ive got todo it now haha. Is clothes dye cheaper than food dye?

Haha low the comments as well guys. Title changed too :).

Reactions: Benjiman46
I know that mate but their twice the price lol, unless you know different?

Lmfao I'm getting one tomorrow from gsf and straight to buy sum cloth dye from blinds hahaha

Lmfao at dave, i wont be paying, in 3 weeks business trip, ill be like just charge it to the company haha.

Ok say been digging, prawn posted a red filter for £22.50 i think delivered, may get that but i was thinking, were going to have to change these filters every 12 months arnt we, its going to get ****** dear dont you think?

Lmfao, i knew when i saw that youd posted a link up it was going to be something stupid, who the **** would pay for that though
that is a valid point though about a clean filter every year.

Reactions: IFFY_77
You of all ppl westy stop living in the past lol plus the S2k filter is bigger and you know what they say about size :blow:

Havent you seen the thread ben started westy? And also in jardos thread? On jardos a3 he gained 4g/s so on high ouput cars its possible the gains will be multiplied.

Color it in with felt tip!

What's going on with the S2K filters! What was wrong with te jetex and giving it a quick clean every few months!? Am I now in the wrong crowd with my jetex :(

Nah mate, we're the cool ones not blowing cash every time we need to do a service. Instead we just do a bit of cleaning ;) It'll be good once some real testing is done on the dyno. My money says there's nowt difference between a new Jetex vs. a new S2000 paper filter.

Dani, if your bored then there are certain 'channels' you can watch in a hotel ;) haha!

Havent you seen the thread ben started westy? And also in jardos thread? On jardos a3 he gained 4g/s so on high ouput cars its possible the gains will be multiplied.

I have been reading that thread but I thought the S2k filter was just a cheaper alternative to the jetex. Are you now telling me that people are seeing an improvement over the jetex?

Im sayig jardo has claimed an improvement over the jetex, they are also going to by testing the filter on phil millers ko4 tqs so that will be interesting too as i believe hes trying to reach the 300bhp mark like yourself.