S3 Alarm Query

*P3nfold*

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering, do you get a certificate for the Audi alarm? My insurance company is asking me for one. I thought this was standard from the factory as a CAT1?

No... they should know what the factory alarm is... as far as I am aware they are not cat 1 but cat 2 but your insurance company 'should' be able to confirm... if you said it was cat 1 then that maybe why they are asking as I believe they can be 'made' cat 1 somehow but I believe thats through third party add ons...

<tuffty/>

No... they should know what the factory alarm is... as far as I am aware they are not cat 1 but cat 2 but your insurance company 'should' be able to confirm... if you said it was cat 1 then that maybe why they are asking as I believe they can be 'made' cat 1 somehow but I believe thats through third party add ons...

<tuffty/>

I guess the only real way is to contact Audi? Cat 2 does make alot more sense.

They want a cert jojo! Thats my beef with the Brent-ache.

Cert?!, What CERT?!?!, it's a factory alarm ***! All cars built after 1997 in Europe has to have Cat2 minimum I think? Which is basically a transponder immobiliser! If there are additional things like alarm siren which is battery backed up, then it's pretty much a Cat1 upgrade.

Unless they are specifically after an aftermarket Cat1 alarm?

Cert?!, What CERT?!?!, it's a factory alarm ***! All cars built after 1997 in Europe has to have Cat2 minimum I think? Which is basically a transponder immobiliser! If there are additional things like alarm siren which is battery backed up, then it's pretty much a Cat1 upgrade.

Unless they are specifically after an aftermarket Cat1 alarm?

Good point, I will ask the question.