ASN TrackDay takeover? Abingdon Airfield Feb 22nd - MotorSport-Events

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So, it's January, it's cold, and miserable. How do you get the year started?

What about a trackday for a change? something different for 2013!

I've just booked a trackday at Abingdon Airfield on Feb 22nd, with MotorSport-Events.com

https://orders.motorsport-events.com...f-6b00921dece7

It's £109 for the day, open pitlane format around the 1.8 mile circuit

Very cheap, LOADS of run off in every direction, very popular airfield venue. I've done several events with MSE before and they're well run, Open pitlane all day too, and usually no queuing at all to get on track.

abingdon-track-map.jpg

Rather than spending £200 to go to a 'premium' track like Castle Combe or Silverstone or similar, why not try something like this first? No pressure, no barriers to hit (thank god), and half the price?

Anyone else fancy it?

I'm booked on, and Hoping Reesy and Ben will book soon as well. Would be awesome to see a few more 8L's there :)

You should do it Bill!

MSE seem to run 3 main venues, at Hullavington, Keevil (which are both very close to you as I'm sure you know), and Abingdon, with a trackday at each venue every month from March - October. All either £99 or £109 for the full day, never very busy, I've been really impressed with them.

Somehow, the relaxed attitude and lack of ques makes them more enjoyable than a big expensive track, where you feel you MuST be on track all day to get your monies worth.

It's only 90 mins from you too, so not too far!

Would definately be interested in this but I'll be working in Farmborough the 21st and 22nd :keule:

I think I'll give this a miss as it's 100 miles and 2 hours 15 mins away from me. The track day fee is cheap but I'll be looking at a tank of fuel on track and a tank for travelling.

You should do it Bill!

MSE seem to run 3 main venues, at Hullavington, Keevil (which are both very close to you as I'm sure you know), and Abingdon, with a trackday at each venue every month from March - October. All either £99 or £109 for the full day, never very busy, I've been really impressed with them.

Somehow, the relaxed attitude and lack of ques makes them more enjoyable than a big expensive track, where you feel you MuST be on track all day to get your monies worth.

It's only 90 mins from you too, so not too far!

I wont get told off for being too fast for the day or anything daft with these guys..
my last trackday (been racing only not track days for last few years) I was told off for being too quick and scaring other track users!!! ***...

laughable, but not at the time as I was stopped from continuing on that day with no refund!

I wont get told off for being too fast for the day or anything daft with these guys..
my last trackday (been racing only not track days for last few years) I was told off for being too quick and scaring other track users!!! ***...

laughable, but not at the time as I was stopped from continuing on that day with no refund!

You'll scare most people off track if you come flying round a corner on fire like a recent outing :whistle2: ;)

WTF? If you can't go fast on a track day then when can you (legally)? Madness.

Not likely Bill, from the MSE events I've attended, there seems to be all sorts, from 205gti road cars, up to 911gt3 RS's and a few 600bhp nissans at a few days we've done, known as the 'turbo nutter barge' brigade.

Often race cars of various sorts on track.

They all seem very sound too, Mini failled the sound check miserably, but the old boy testing it loved the look of it, so slapped a pass sticker on the mirror whilst the other guy was filling in his clipboard, then later told his mate I'd come back and it had passed :laugh:

Not likely Bill, from the MSE events I've attended, there seems to be all sorts, from 205gti road cars, up to 911gt3 RS's and a few 600bhp nissans at a few days we've done, known as the 'turbo nutter barge' brigade.

They all seem very sound too, Mini failled the sound check miserably, but the old boy testing it loved the look of it, so slapped a pass sticker on the mirror whilst the other guy was filling in his clipboard, then later told his mate I'd come back and it had passed :laugh:

cool.. sounds good

WTF? If you can't go fast on a track day then when can you (legally)? Madness.

on this day I got moved into the single seaters sessions as the road/race saloons in other sessions had complained..
Then as I expected the single seaters were'nt too happy either with a saloon car out with them either.. (pushing radicals along etc)
the day sucked.. Worst track day fiasco ever. I've done 100's over the years and never had such nonsense such as that day.
Donington Circuit btw.. utter tossers on that day organisation wise. Car was still a road car then too! 250bhp less than it has now.. oh well..

Hmm depends if i can fix mine by then, or rather if I can blag time with the expert welder fellolw I know...

And provided my smoke is guide related,LOL

Or i could just play grease monkey and blag a lift up...:blackrs4:

I'll have to pass as need the money to complete the build so can hopefully get it all ready for when the weather picks up

Also car hasn't recovered from the last track day as my brakes are still shagged and judders like fuk as soon as they warm up :(

Hmm im very interested, Ron is being mapped at the start of feb, the only thing that worries me, sorry to things worry me, first is my wallet might not have recovered from 3 tanks of V 'Finest' Power and i wont have done anything to the suspension or brakes, with that in mind it might be wise for me to skip this one :( (but then you all know me well enough to know i change my mind all the time lol)

Prawny I might come, but there's no way on going in track with Bill Lol
Will know sooner the time

Ohps. I ment to like the above not thank it. haha, same difference!

Be awesome if you could come along Bill, it would be an honour getting lapped repeatedly by you :laugh:

No, the fastest car in the world (that's never been on a dyno, racetrack, or drag strip to prove these claims), will not be going because it's owner is too poor.

That and George took the **** out of his driving at Castle Combe and upset him :laugh:

Reactions: StaceyS3 and Westy

That was a great day. Mini was going like crazy and surprised so many people, especially a 400+brake TVR who was loosing the battle because there were too many corners. At the end of the meeting, I could not work out when when you decided to take a 40mph bend at 80. Interesting stuff. Only afterwards did you tell me the brakes had ******. Lovely car, must get it back on the road.

Haha, yea, I remember that. Flying down the straight up to the hairpin, hit the brakes and NOTHING happened. Haha. Straight off into the pitlane and half way down the paddock before it stopped :D

I might hit up this track sometime later but not this go around. It's a little to far for me and I already have a trackday scheduled for Feb. 3rd at Snetterton. It's a novice day through MSV if anyone is interested I'll see you there!! Hopefully I will have my porsche brakes and new rear ARB fitted by then!!! :rock:

I could be temped by this iv not done a track day in my own car before

You should come along chaz, airfields are a great introduction to trackdays, less pressure, and a safer feeling environment.

I was really looking forward to this trackday.shame my cars brokezb though.hopefully I can get it sorted before