Can someone do a part number check for me? (S3 Skirts)

Markb

Reaction score
As subject can someone check these part numbers for me? I take it that the diagram is showing the S3 skirts that run from the rear quarter to the front wing under the doors?

s3_mtm.jpg

8L7 853 859 GRU
8L7 853 860 GRU

Yup, thats the part numbers for the side skirts. The "GRU" bit means its primed.

So are you fitting S3 side skirts to your car!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, thats the part numbers for the side skirts. The "GRU" bit means its primed.

So are you fitting S3 side skirts to your car!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't suppose you can export that diagram to an image for me? As £50 per skirt seemed cheap that was all.

i'll be selling the ones i have with all parts except door mouldings.

[ QUOTE ]
the final part is not included.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's just the front bit without the little piece that goes on to the rear quarter?

Also exactly what parts have you used on your car? I couldn't work it out from this:

lateral12vw.jpg

Is it just the rubber strips on the door and rear quarter? If so what have you done about the pieces I've listed above?

i just used the door sills and rear quarter sill, but i needed a rail from the large part you asked before to hold the rear sill on it's position. I screwed this rail on the car and adapted it so it was alligned correctly with the door one.

After that a little metal sheet welded for the rear and the rest is (bondo?)putty and paint.

You door sills, rear quarter sills, and the rail on the large part.

are those the MTM alloys? they look really smart, they 19's

[ QUOTE ]
Here ya go.

Click meh

[/ QUOTE ]

HTC when you get chance can you get me a pic of the rest of the screen showing all of the part numbers?

dont forget you will also need a self adhesive sheet that sticks to the rear section to protect from stone ships etc. Some reason its not on that pdf

rear corners, without any mountings are approx £10 each.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

HTC when you get chance can you get me a pic of the rest of the screen showing all of the part numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

For you.

S3 Mouldings.pdf

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate you are a star /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
are those the MTM alloys? they look really smart, they 19's

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like RS4/TT's to me bud, exactly like yours, but an inch bigger lol.