My S3 Build Thread Help Please??

Bad points;

[SIZE=-1]16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] P0133 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

[/SIZE]
Fault code for pre lambda probe - Fixed, cleared the fault took her for a drive and checked again.[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
17863 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] P1455 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent[/SIZE]

Fault code for EGT sensor - Fixed, cleared the fault took her for a drive and checked again.

***Thanks "Ben" for being the remote RAC/AA man***

Lucky I am changing the engine/turbo out with the BAM (47,000 miles) from my Golf as the sensors are good I hope lol.

Rust on the passenger side roof rail

I'll see what Audi will do under the 12 year anti-corrosion warranty

Both front lower rear bushes need replacing on the suspension arm according to the MOT.

So quick fix while the engine is out.

Only has one working remote key.

Not really sure what to say about that besides, don't loose the working one.

Otherwise she is in excellent condition (Jack spent the time/money to keep this in tip top condition), so far from the first 24 hrs of owning her really pleased. Give me a week and I will be *****ing!!

[SIZE=-1]16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] P0133 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

[/SIZE]
Fault code for pre lambda probe - Fixed, cleared the fault took her for a drive and checked again.[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
17863 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] P1455 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent[/SIZE]

Fault code for EGT sensor - Fixed, cleared the fault took her for a drive and checked again.

Forge 007p is off and my 008 is on. Binned the Audi 5v engine cover and have put on the Leon Cupra R, easier on the eye lol.

quite often clearing codes sorts it out! is the harddrive a mod you're going to do or one that's already on? never looked into that but sounds like it would be pretty useful, especially as I have a ridiculous amount of music that I like to listen to!

quite often clearing codes sorts it out! is the harddrive a mod you're going to do or one that's already on? never looked into that but sounds like it would be pretty useful, especially as I have a ridiculous amount of music that I like to listen to!

True buddy, the harddrive came with the car, a company called PhatNoise, its quite old tech but does the job. You use the CD changer controls to access the drive and it talks to you e.g Artist, Album etc... Harddrive is 20Gb so plenty for me.

Mods today

1. Milltex resonator delete by Ben and Reesy
2. Silicone boost and DV hose change
3. Fit Leon Cupra R engine cover

Happy Days

Bit of update, slowly I have been asking the random questions on ASN and get a picture of what I really want to achieve.

I have a great friend who gave me this (New LCR front splitter).

2013-02-03%252010.08.03.jpg

I really dont want to go coilovers as I quite like the handling but...... I really need to sort the stance out.

So I am looking at an additional 10/15mm drop on the front (I already have Eibach Pro springs), any suggestions as I cannot find the FK lowering caps???

Currently running RS4 reps and really prefer the Team Dynamics 12.1 on 18s in that grey colour but in the mean time due to pennies, I am looking at spacers on the rears, I think 10 or 15 should be fine just need to confirm the final ET once I work out the current as their are no labels or reference on the alloys.

Once I sell off both the Badger 5 TIP v1 and the v2, I might get the v3 or other variants. Only reason for selling both is the v1 is 76mm and in Red. Also the v2 was trimmed to really fit my MK3 Golf 1.8t conversion so I will see if the ClubGTI boys are interested.

All the Red Samco boost hoses both upper and lower will be up for sale as I am going FMIC Wellycooler (gringo style).

Decided to get a new s3dave rear adj tie-arm to give me flexibility if at a later stage I do go adjustable coilovers both height and dampening.

I think that's enough for the next few weeks of dreaming.

Oh at some stage once the Golf is back from the insurance company, engine change is on the cards (95,000 (AMK) vs 47,000 miles (BAM)), so this will be with Ben @ Parsonsperformance, with some forged drilled Brute conrods from pagparts in the states. Also have a Relentless v2 mani to use.

Once all the engineering work is complete and I get the best flow for my money then a remap.

I have no idea at all what power I will get but as long as she flows like a ***** its all good.

Do you mind me asking what is involved with this:

and how did it affect the sound?

Cheers

Do you mind me asking what is involved with this:

and how did it affect the sound?

Cheers

Sure, no problem, Ben cut out the resonator and welded in a piece of pipe.

The note is so much better without the resonator, there is no/little drone sound on A roads or motorways at all. She does sound like their is more performance but in terms of performance itself this makes no difference from my understanding.

I would suggest it.

Sounds good. I've always been a little bit disappointed the the exhaust note on mine, it's a Milltek too, and presumably it's resonated.

Don't suppose you could post a picture chopped out area, so I know where I'm looking?

Cheers pal!