JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Cawsey

Status

Fuel Pump Replace Guide

As stated im in need of replacing my Fuel pump and was wondering how much of a job it is?
    Is there a guide on the forum somewhere?

Cheers

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Check Westy's build thread as he has done this and posted about it...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Fuel Pump Replace Guide

I can't help you with which page but start from the beginning as I did it a while ago.

It's fairly easy once you get started. Try to empty your tank as much as possible before you start the job or you'll be high as a kite on the fumes!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Cawsey

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I can't help you with which page but start from the beginning as I did it a while ago.

It's fairly easy once you get started. Try to empty your tank as much as possible before you start the job or you'll be high as a kite on the fumes!
    Ok mate ill have a read through your build thread,
    Cheers

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

Cawsey

Status
    Cheers Westy started skim reading your thread from page one then found my self reading through it properly to page 19 where the fuel pump change was looks pretty easy so ill order a new pump from ECP and fit it my self.
    Ill have to take it upto Bills once fitted and put it on the dyno again, hopefully it will make more the 230hp this time.

Status

Fuel Pump Replace Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cawsey View Post
    Cheers Westy started skim reading your thread from page one then found my self reading through it properly to page 19 where the fuel pump change was looks pretty easy so ill order a new pump from ECP and fit it my self.
    Ill have to take it upto Bills once fitted and put it on the dyno again, hopefully it will make more the 230hp this time.
    I've been through all of that mate. Disappointing dyno at Bills due to the pump. It'll be mint once changed.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Cawsey

Status
    I've been through all of that mate. Disappointing dyno at Bills due to the pump. It'll be mint once changed.
    Yea im sure it will, fingers crossed.
    Ive just ordered a new pump from ECP to collect tomorrow morning so ill crack on with it first thing.

Cawsey

Status
    So i got a phone call from ECP this morning to collect a VDO Fuel pump which cost £168 with the 20% discount code, bonus.
    Only have road parking here in Bristol and no tools as im staying at my Girlfriends, so decided halfords car park was ideal in case of needing extra tools, clips etc.
    Anyway managed to change the pump, was a little bit tricky getting the pump out and detaching the pipes.
    Took a minute to start the car but then was all fine.
    On the way home i opened her up and my god does it go, feels like a whole new car.

Status
    So i got a phone call from ECP this morning to collect a VDO Fuel pump which cost £168 with the 20% discount code, bonus.
    Only have road parking here in Bristol and no tools as im staying at my Girlfriends, so decided halfords car park was ideal in case of needing extra tools, clips etc.
    Anyway managed to change the pump, was a little bit tricky getting the pump out and detaching the pipes.
    On the way home i opened her up and my god does it go, feels like a whole new car.
    Great stuff mate. Halfords carpark is a cracking idea too haha.

Did you empty the tank as much as poss before attempting this? Bit of a smelly job isn't it!
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Cawsey

Status
    Great stuff mate. Halfords carpark is a cracking idea too haha.

Did you empty the tank as much as poss before attempting this? Bit of a smelly job isn't it!
    Nope just under half a tank of V power like you hahah, definitely a smelly job and have a nice head ache

RIP S3dave

Status
    good work
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

4th Gear

Status
    That's just genius. Shame the Halfords near me is next door to the main police station. Don't think that would go down well with the rozzas.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)