Searching for red display

J1nkZ

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first off i just wanna introduce myself i was gonna make a post to do that anyway but it turns out i need help already.

I just got myself a AUDI A3 1.8T 03 plate 8L before christmas, lovin the car but the stereo is annoying as theres nothing to hook up iphone or other usb devices for mp3's, tried one of those transmiters but hated it as sound quality was garbage so ive been lookin around for a stereo thats got the same red display as the rest of the car's dash lighting (im sure everyone in here will know exactly what i mean ive been gettin weird looks when ive been asking in halfords etc), found a few with red led control lighting but none yet with a actual red display like the audi concert thats already fitted, been searching internet and forums but cant seem to turn up anythin yet so sorry if ive missed a thread concerning this,
can anyone give me the name of a good recomended head unit thats gonna be what im looking for ? or a list of some sort of ones to check out ? or can anyone tell me if theres any other audi head units that have usb capability that have the same RED DISPLAY as the standard audi concert fitted that will be compatible??

thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out

thanks for the reply, but im really interested in having somthing fitted that has usb capbility so i can just us a usb stick , but i want it to have the same kind of red display, thanks again

Keep the head unit and connect a Dension gateway lite bt?

USB, aux in, streaming Bluetooth, hands free Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.

That's the route I might end up going as I like it to look Oem, that being said I do quite fancy a Pioneer app radio for the gadget freak in me lol. But then I'd need to do the double din conversion :(

Gary

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

<tuffty/>

Be warned after changing headunits people tend to have issues with how the speakers sound (might only be bose systems though)

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

<tuffty/>
this looks good, not all red but very nice, can you give me some details on this one? and did you have any problems with the speakers as mentioned from the guy above ?

this looks good, not all red but very nice, can you give me some details on this one? and did you have any problems with the speakers as mentioned from the guy above ?

Its an earlier model from Alpine (iDA X001)... the newer ones come in black so suit the car a bit better maybe (I quite like the contrast on mine tbh) but I used an Autoleads Bose adaptor to connect it up and just had it on permanent feed rather than ign switch as Audi's use canbus to switch the OE unit which causes issues...

I ran this setup for sometime before fitting my amps and stuff... sounded much better with the head unit connected to the Bose than I thought it would tbh hence not being too bothered getting all the other gear I have fitted... its in now of course but the Bose adaptor I used worked well despite a lot of mixed reviews... it didn't pop like people said on my setup and while the Bose sub is pretty crap it sounded good enough at the time... the Andy Mac Stealth Sub makes a big difference though :)

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Ive got a Sony Xplod in mine, black and red, colour match is perfect.

Im sure its the CDX gt500.

I use the Alpine IDA-X305s and love it. (Newer version of tuffy's) You can download different wallpapers for the background of the screen so its not "too red". I would make sure if you wire any headunit in you run the feed from the lights otherwise they will blind you at night!

Dave

I use the Alpine IDA-X305s and love it. (Newer version of tuffy's) You can download different wallpapers for the background of the screen so its not "too red". I would make sure if you wire any headunit in you run the feed from the lights otherwise they will blind you at night!

Dave
What is the model number for yours so I can check it out? And should I tell whoevers fitting it to run it from the lights you say? Thanks

sorry was on my phone earlier didnt really read the text you wrote properly, im on the hunt for it now