Wifi obd adapter?

Powelly

Reaction score
Seen the Bluetooth ones, thinking of getting one of these to try with my iPhone app by xtool ''IoBd2'' really good interface and functions etc so wanna give it a go on my A3 and Mondeo, just wondering if anyone has tried this one or similar!
Cheers in advance!

Cheers chaps! Got a Android tablet Scott, What app do you use?

Torque and the bluetooth adaptor work well... but as said it is laggy...

Screenshot from my Galaxy S3
018H_T204_001_zpsa09bae31.jpg

<tuffty/>

Much point in going for a Wifi one? Any benefits over the Elm327 Bluetooth ones?

Righto cheers Paul, May as well just get a Bluetooth one then, There's loads on Ebay, Any of them fine as long as they are Elm327?

not released yet but ross-tech are developing a wireless cable for use with a mobile device

Ross-Tech: VCDS Mobile Preview

oooooooooooo :happy:

I tried the wifi and iphone/ipad with REV and DashCommand route - gave up in the end. Will try again when the car is running. There is also a bluetooth app on cydia for jail broken devices that supposed to be a get around for the limits of iOS.
Heard the torque android app is much easier.

I got the Bluetooth one from eBay for 20$ and it works perfectly. I've had it for one year now, the bad thing is everybody calls me when they have a cel on now.

When you guys say laggy do you mean in real time or the results are crap? Does it log the information to look at later/safely not while you're driving? Really don't want to spend £225 on a Liquid Gauge when I have a redundant iPhone 3GS in my drawer. Is it just a case of mounting the phone, adding the OBD connector and an app - what app is best, Dash Command as above or others?

Realtime is a little laggy... tbh I use Torque more than my liquid at the moment as for idle curiosity as to whats going on its perfect...

I have not used it for logging but tbh would only ever use VCDS or ME7Logger

Can't speak for the iphone though as I think the app for that is called Revs and uses the more expensive wifi dongle...

<tuffty/>

Wouldn't mind getting this for my iPhone or ipad,any help for what app to use or dongle to buy would be great

I just wish the ELM 327 and Torque app would show Oil Temp :O(

Oil temp is not an ECU function... its the instruments module that handles that... I suspect Torque doesn't talk to any module other than the ECU and even then its not perfect... I am still trying to get the EGT PID working and it doesn't see alot of VAG extended OBDII codes on a scan

<tuffty/>

These devices are OBDII compliant, so you only get the emission related info required by law. Still good to have, but will never have VCDS level of detail. If you have the MIL lamp illuminated, these will tell you why as it is emissions related in order for MIL to trigger.

Also, Wifi is needed for iOS as Apple doesn't support the serial bluetooth protocol.

Rick

Does Torque work with AGU engines yet? I had it previously and it wasn't compatible, dunno if it's changed yet

Hmm v interesting as i was looking at these the other day too, as of course VCDS is great but i would like something that i can use on the fly as such and dont wanna go spending out on a liquid gauge.

Can someone who has the iphone version one working post up a link to the OBD adapter on ebay or similar please also what were the names of the apps to use on the iphone?

Hmm v interesting as i was looking at these the other day too, as of course VCDS is great but i would like something that i can use on the fly as such and dont wanna go spending out on a liquid gauge.

Can someone who has the iphone version one working post up a link to the OBD adapter on ebay or similar please also what were the names of the apps to use on the iphone?

Have a look at the thread i just made ;)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/179362-bluetooth-obd-setup.html