Clutches: What are the options

IrishDave

Reaction score
Having recently had the stage 2 software put on the car, the usual thing that starts to happen. Yep thats right my clutch is starting to slip. So what are the options out there, that give as close to stock feel/pedal, but will cope with the extra torque.
I looking for something that will cope with further mods in the future.
What are the Awesome GTI kits like. I think it was Westy that fitted one, but cant find his answer to how it was.
Any and all ideas are welcome just remember it must be as close to stock as possible. Maybe a few people who have uprated their clutches could give a brief description and write up of their set up as well as cost and this could be made a sticky as there is not one yet.
Dave.

Last edited:
I think the best setup for the S3 is what Tuffty and I run

A Sach 4 paddle unsprung plate and standard cover

Proven on my engine at 500 bhp and has a standard feel

The awesome kit is very good from what Westy has experienced so far. 1/4mile days with hard abuse, track days with hard abuse. Drives like standard does. Its good because it comes with the single mass flywheel too.

Cgmotorsports clutches seem good. Heavy duty clutch is 25% up on standard levels and its only £180 I'm sure. Do a 3 paddle for £300. Just need to find a single mass or just replace with standard dual mass.

I think the best setup for the S3 is what Tuffty and I run

A Sach 4 paddle unsprung plate and standard cover

Proven on my engine at 500 bhp and has a standard feel

Andrew where did you get the plate from? was this on the standard dual mass

cheers

Also interested in this, would a new standard clutch be any good or just a pointless swap, upgrade all the way????

Sean

oh rite fair enough thanks for reply andrew doubt ill ever be over 400 to be honest