New Feature: Anti-hi jack

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce another new feature for all ME7.x ECU's

The new Anti-Hijack feature works as follows:

if the car is started as normal, it will drive normally for 30s after which the throttle will become unresponsive. The engien will not stall or cut out, but there is no power available. If engine is turned off and back on, the 30s timer does not reset, the pedal will remain unresponsive.

In order for the system not to activate, the driver has to perform a procedure to disarm before the car is started involving pressing of the pedals. The combination is unique. Disarmament is signalled on the dash.

Additionally, for cars with a rear 02 sensor which is no longer used, this can be connected to the door switch. The idea is that when a door is opened, the system rearms. This ensures the system is active if you are forced out of your car with by a hi jacker. They will get a safe distance down the road, and be forced to abaodon the car when the throttle no longer responds.

The feature is available as an option to our custom maps.

Thanks, Rick

Sounds great, only problem = the Mrs.

It might aswell be quantum physics.

Reactions: turnstyle
Interesting adding more features to the ECU, but I don't see much point in this particular feature.

Is it not potentially dangerous for the car to just run out of power after 30 seconds? Like, someone borrows the car, pulls out onto a roundabouts and the car stops? Obviously you'd have to explain to people the code etc. but if they don't bother with the code and think the car works then it stops it could be an issue...

Interesting adding more features to the ECU, but I don't see much point in this particular feature.

Is it not potentially dangerous for the car to just run out of power after 30 seconds? Like, someone borrows the car, pulls out onto a roundabouts and the car stops? Obviously you'd have to explain to people the code etc. but if they don't bother with the code and think the car works then it stops it could be an issue...

With anti hijack you are limited to what you can do and not have your car disappear. It's not a feature for everyone, but something we've done before for people so there is demand. You can disable it permanantly if you are lending your car out. I have had countless cars cut out when mapping due to blown hoses etc so I'm not sure it's that dangerous in practice. Probably safer than the theif driving flat out to get away as quickly as possible.

Rick