eBay - Cheeky B*****d

Reaction score
Just browsing through ebay and noticed this fella advertising a boot lid: Audi A3 8L Bootlid Boot Lid in Ming Blue LZ5L | eBay

Had a closer look at the pic he's using to advertise it and it's my ****** car! He must have seen the image on the net and thought 'oh that's shiny, that'll be perfect'....

I might have to message him and point out that this description is not strictly accurate "All exterior and interior items for sale are in good condition as seen on pictures."

​Its not the first time i have read this about ebay, i would be sending him a message if i was you and telling him that your pictures are copywrighted. :) x

Various companies have been using a picture I took of Prawns Miglia arches to sell them for years, it really ****** me off but I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.

7420_173425486776_4668080_n-1.jpg

it wouldnt bother me

It doesn't bother me enough to report it, but I am going to email him asking for a royalties payment :laugh:

I've asked him:

"Hi, Is it the boot lid in the picture? Have you got any close-ups?"

...see what he says.

[Dave B];1760171 said:
I've asked him:

"Hi, Is it the boot lid in the picture? Have you got any close-ups?"

...see what he says.

lol, bill him! email him an invoice for use of picture...... i would. Does he clean that boot lid on a regular basis? NO, you do lol :)

out of interest how did you come across it ?

Sean

Id be more worried about my boot lid going missing once his auction ends :eek:

Reactions: shady-ninja
yep hes changed the listing to the mk4 lid

Various companies have been using a picture I took of Prawns Miglia arches to sell them for years, it really ****** me off but I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.

7420_173425486776_4668080_n-1.jpg

They did ask me if they could use the pic first :laugh:

[Dave B];1760287 said:
I have a saved search set-up in ebay so if anything comes up with my paint code in it then I get an email. Very handy for body parts that I may need in the future!

thats a good idea, i didn't know you could do that, i search my paint code every now and then on the lookout for a cheap front wing, i'll have to set that up as it's a much better idea

[Dave B];1760287 said:
I have a saved search set-up in ebay so if anything comes up with my paint code in it then I get an email. Very handy for body parts that I may need in the future!
ive done that for gearboxes

All I can see is a golf mk4 boot lid :think:

Yeah he's changed the listing and picture. After I asked him the question posted above they replied saying:

"I dont have spoilers if that is what you after. They are same colour - Ming Blue, you can visit us and have a look yourself closely, because its hard to take detailed close up picture of such big item and being in person you have a chance to look in every detail."

To which I said:

"What you really mean is that you don't have a close-up picture of that boot-lid or car because the boot lid is not from that car. I know this because I own the car in the picture and the boot lid is right in front of me attached to my car.

Please remove this image from the listing or I will report you to eBay."

Shortly after the listing was changed.

thats a good idea, i didn't know you could do that, i search my paint code every now and then on the lookout for a cheap front wing, i'll have to set that up as it's a much better idea

Also think that is a good idea dave! Thumbs up

I hope you're not looking for Ming Blue parts!

Last edited:
Someone let me know a guy in the states was using a pic of my S3 with the black grille and rings to sell black audi rings. He soon removed it when I asked him to.