Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

s3 power steering

hi guys coming home tonight in my s3 was giving it a bit come on to this nice sweeping bend and all of a sudden the steering went heavy anyway i had to fight the steering to get it home and it turns out a power steering pipe as split what di like to know is are they the same as a a3 turbo power steering pipes as my mates got a few he is breaking and how hard/easy job are they to change cheers
    2000 s3 quattro, 210 bhp, decat, dump valve, 18" bbs LMs, needing more power and better suspension.
    only drive as fast as your angel can fly.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Take the plastic undertray cover off the front of the engine and have a look at the pipe there. Theres a couple of joins they can leak from. Not sure if they are S3 specific sorry. I'd get a new genuine one as second hand ones may have the same problem.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Get a genuine one mate, also whilst you are at it, only use the genuine P/S fluid from VAG, its a specific one thats needed for our cars and it only cost a few quid, so to be on the safe side, just use that one.

Brum brum

Status
    Pipes aren't cheap, though, IIRC was close to £100 for the ones on mine a couple of years ago.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

4th Gear

Status
    A3 ones iirc are the same dude

Neutral

Status
    cheers if i can get it back on the road using a 2nd hand one at least i can order a new one to fit the following weekend and at least i will know how it goes lol
    2000 s3 quattro, 210 bhp, decat, dump valve, 18" bbs LMs, needing more power and better suspension.

Neutral

Status
    same pipe has just gone on mine.
    are they the same as the a3 turbo mate? cheers.
    Last edited by s3welshy; 15th January 2013 at 12:55. Reason: spelling

Neutral

Status
    @s3welshy im afraid to say that on the a3 turbos and the golf turbos i checked not 1 of them had the same pipes as what is on my s3 mine had a 2 pipe set up and all the other 1s i looked at at 1 pipe and when it came up in front of the gearbox it was shaped like a elongated series of Ss,
    1 end off the pipe that split on mine was held on by a metal clip and then the other end had a compression fitting on it so what i did was cut the fitting off the pipe found a bit of pipe that was the same diameter and quality power steering pipe and double jubilee clipped it up and tested it and worked ok so with that i drove to another mates garage put it on ramps and done the pipe with a new bit and the correct fitting to hold it on for under £5 but not many places will do the pipe while its still on the car,but it can be done

s3 driver

Status
    no, the pipes are not the same as far as i know, someone with ETKA maybe can confirm that.

i also ordered a genuine one right after i bought the car because
    the power steering pipe was way too rusted, but when i got to remove it saw one of the hoses cracked (that was the leak at mine)
    changed all the pipes and hoses for power steering as i got some in mint condition from a guy braking an s3, so if you are still after a new genuine pipe
    (the power steering cooling line) drop me a message
    Audi S3 8L
    OZ Superleggera | Bilstein B14 | BMC CDA | K04 | FMIC | SACHS Race Engineering | Brembo Sport GT | EBC Redstuff

Live to drive, drive to live