Diagnostics!!

GarryX

Reaction score
Hope ive spelt the title correctly but ive just had a check done on my A3 and it came back with 2 faults.
1. Charge Pressure Controller
2. Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ - G70

Im taking it that the second one is the MAF but any idea what the first one is?Also would like to know how much roughly this would cost to sort out.Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Think the first one will be the n75 valve which is next to the dump valve. It will have three pipes connecting into it and a electric clip on the side.

From memory they are about £45 to replace

I havent mate.Just had those 2 written on a post-it-note which i thought was a bit weird.I have also spoken to someone about these faults and he said that by replacing the MAF could sort out the Charge Pressure Controller problem.
Anyone know if this is correct.Been quoted around £115 for supply and fit of the MAF.

Yeah, that sounds like the right sort of price.

The MAF is about £75ish depending on the model and then prob half an hours labour. Although, in reality it only takes about 10mins to change.

I had thought about fitting it myself.Any idea if its easy enough bearing in mind i dont really know much about engines?
I know where it is and i would need the certain screwdriver to get to it,but thats about it.

Usually the maf comes with the tube and housing attached so it would be a couple of jubilee clips and an electrical connection.

You only need the security torx bit if you are removing the sensor itself from the housing.