Please HELP! Poor Mpg, Chugging/Hesitation on Acceleration, Very Slow!!

Audi-A3-97

Reaction score
Hi there,

So I just bought my first audi, an A3t 1997... Picked her up last night, and 100 miles later, it felt like she was in shock.
Accelerating, if you can call it that, is a huge issue. It's so slow, and sort of Chuggs, and really Hesitates in a way. Hard to explain but makes a shuddering sort of noise. Temperature gauge isn't too bad I don't think, sticks between 60 & 90 degrees. Rev gauge is obviously a bit wavey on idle. Can't really feel any turbo, but definitely hear the dump valve, lol

Ive done about 150miles, and has cost me £60, so considering i haven't even been able to put my foot down yet, I'm quite sure I've got a problem with mpg too.

Went to my mechanic to get codes read today and came back with:

Basic settings p1559 intermittent
00544 maximum boost pressure intermittent
00561 mixture adaptation adaptation limit (ADD) exceeded
16500 coolant temperature sensor, G62 not a plausible signal, PO116 intermittent
16514 O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1, malfunction in circuit P0130 intermittent
00515 intake manifold pressure control limit exceeded, intermittent
17967 throttle body (j338) fault in basic settings P1559 intermittent

Anyone know what's going on here?
Anybody had these issues, and sorted them successfully?

Wow, think you might of hit this one on the head! Just did some research on this and sounds, Spot On! So I'll test it tomorrow... And get back...
quote:

- "Poor Engine Performance"
A faulty ignition control module throws off the engine's timing. This affects acceleration and the ability to control driving speeds. Drivers will experience a hesitation, shaking and a lack of power when the vehicle attempts to accelerate. This sign gradually worsens until the vehicle routinely misfires at high RPM, according to the automotive repair website AA1 Car.