Running Lean

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
Hi Guys i put my S3 on the dyno today to see what power it is making and found out it was very low on power and running extremely lean, Any ideas as to what could be the problem? Fuel pump knackered?

Here are the Graphs.

Dyno Graph 1
Dyno Graph 2
Dyno Graph 3

If its a tired pump then an inline pump is not a fix... do you have logs to support the AFR on the dyno graph? need to check requested vs actual... could be the maps actually asking for that AFR...

Its most likely the pump in which case a new one is required but would need to see the AFR logs from VCDS to confirm...

<tuffty/>

If its a tired pump then an inline pump is not a fix... do you have logs to support the AFR on the dyno graph? need to check requested vs actual... could be the maps actually asking for that AFR...

Its most likely the pump in which case a new one is required but would need to see the AFR logs from VCDS to confirm...

<tuffty/>

Cheers Tuffty, i dont have logs as i dont have access to VCDS, unless anyone in Bristol has VCDS and wants to log it for me tomorrow? :)

Might be worth taking a trip up to Bill's then as you are just down the road... J13 M5...

<tuffty/>

Not sure what his schedule is like but I suspect there would be easily time for a road log if nothing else as it will be evident fairly quickly whats going on

May see you tomorrow then...

<tuffty/>

Not sure what his schedule is like but I suspect there would be easily time for a road log if nothing else as it will be evident fairly quickly whats going on

May see you tomorrow then...

<tuffty/>

Ok then mate ill pop up tomorrow, whats a good time?

So i went to Bills today and did a couple of runs on the dyno to find out it is the fuel pump that was knackered,
Cheers Tuffty and Bill for checking my car and nice to meet you both.

I have the same problem, saving for oem intank pump... Pretty costly!