Door trim removal

matt116

Reaction score
Can any one help. I have a strange noise inside my door when i close it (a rattle noise) which I only hear whe outside the car. If i close the door when inside it shuts with a thunk but it is annoying when outside.

I would like to have a look inside the door but i'm not sure how to remove the door trim. Any one help??

May thanks

simple,

1. open door
2. remove screw in grab handle and remove cover.
3. remove two screws under handle and two screws at the top ends of the door.
4. lift whole door card up from bottom.

then if you want to actually remove the card from the door disconnect all the cables, I'm going to post a longer how too including this on another thread when I get chance as I said I would after changing my door latch.

be careful to line up the lock thingy when putting the card back on.

thanks for that but wheres the screw on the door grab handle?

Thanks again

Brilliant, thanks for the assistance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It's easier with the window down, just ensure when refitting that you get the white plastic clippy bit over the metal under the window rubber, otherwise it won't sit properly.

This is how it will look once they have been removed:

beforesprayinginterior03.jpg

beforesprayinginterior02.jpg

Thanks again for that. All sorted thanks all went back okay but I still have the problem with a squeaky window...any ideas?
I have cleaned the rubbers, greased the runners in the door etc but it still makes the squeaky noise.

I also have a problem before I removed the door trim I must add, the open door warning shows on the dash when I sometimes shut the drivers door. This means the interior lights are still on and I can't lock the car from inside. Any one know where the sensor is to check perhaps.

Hi Markb,

Just looking at your door, have you removed any of the other part of the door in that pic? just I'm sure my S3 has another impact bar going diagonally as it would appear the car in the pics higher up the page does...

just my curiosity... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Markb,

Just looking at your door, have you removed any of the other part of the door in that pic? just I'm sure my S3 has another impact bar going diagonally as it would appear the car in the pics higher up the page does...

just my curiosity... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No mate.

If you look at the pictures in the instructions it appears to be the same as how mine is.

picture looks the same as my a3. The switch is in the door latching mechanism, some people have has some success cleaning it with WD40, others not. Have you tried back to black on the rubber parts to stop the squeak?

[ QUOTE ]
I mean this one...

a3ovet5.jpg

Must be seeing things as I can't see that alu bar in the pic of your front door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because the alu bar you refer to is the runner on the bottom of the window /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif If you look my window is down and you can see it at the bottom. His must be up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for the advice, I shall gigve WD40 a go but as far as the window goes not sure what to do, I shall give it a go though. Thanks for the advice.