e.bug's S3 rebuild thread :)

e.bug

Reaction score
About 5months ago i traded my a3 1.9tdi for s3 2002 225bhp. I realy liked it and everything was in good shape except the engine :p. So we took the engine out and changed piston rings, piston rods and bearings, head and valves rebuild and polished, new clutch and flywheel kit, all gaskets and seals, turbo hose, all belts, tensioner, water pump, lambda sonda, spark plugs, coil packs, brake pads, haldex filter and oil, also changed all fluids including gearbox, rear dif, clutch and brakes oil. Car has removed n249 valve, bailey blowoff and decat. I bought 80mm intake pipe and planing to get complete 3in exhaust and stage 2 remap. There are a more stuff about engine which i cant remember right now :p. About the styling... I put 18" RSTT rims, Cupra lip, TT pedals, Foglights with projectors and hids from GTI MKV, antena MKVI, Kenwood 2din and i changed leather on steering wheel twice :p. Second time i did a combination with suede leather and it looked great. I sold the steering wheel and the kenwood 2din died, and i got a steering wheel from R8 and RNS-E from A6 :D. I'm waiting for S3 steering w. badge and S3 8P gear knob. I did all the grey plastic pieces in matt black vinyl, painted mirrors and front gril in piano black. Also did a joey mod on headlights :). Here are some pics of the car when i bought it and thru the rebuild process. I'll be posting new pics soon ;)

When i bought it...

slika-115671-2011-10-1317778950-velika.jpg

slika-115671-2011-10-1317811492-velika.jpg

Winter setup and new suede steering

Quattro testing on top of Jahorina mountain :)

And these are the new ones with Joey mod and new steering ;)

Last edited:
Looks very nice. Seems like youve spent quite a bit of dollar on her already.

I did... all the parts are audi genuine hehe :p . I got it very cheap and fell in loved with it very quick... its a great car especially now when its in great shape ;)

Have you managed to keep the airbags working on the steering wheel ?
I love the snowy pic showing the white light of the xenons

Great work. Do you have any guides on how you changed the HIDs? Did you convert just the fog lights or main beam and fog lights?

Thanks! Yes i did, actually it was very simple. I used connector from my old steering wheel and put it on the new one and the airbag works, no errors. The horn is also working but the steering controls doesnt. I didnt have time for that, but i'll make them work somehow ;). I bought foglights with installed hids, the beams are oem.

I like the steering wheel mod, do the button on the MFSW work? Does the wheel come with a wiring harness of some sort.

It came with wiring harness but i didn't have time to get MFSW buttons work. I'll get it working somehow when i have time ;)

Do you have a plan on how the wires from the MFSW will connect to the steering column. Is there some kind of "slip ring" that fits in there somewhere.
Also is the MFSW compatible with the steering angle sensor?

I have an aftermarket kenwood double din head unit that's got a connection for steering wheel buttons. Thinking there must be a way to connect the MFSW to the head unit.

I dont have plan, neither the wiring diagram of steering wheel... my friends does the electronics so he will do that ;)

What's happened to the front section of the driver's seat? Did you buy it off a woman with fat thighs?