Engine oil options

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi guys.my car uses approx 1 litre of oil per 1-1.5k which im told is fine with it being a turbo car.i use the 5-30 that vw suggest but after reading a previous post where people were using different oils so that they dont consume so much id like to do this. main question is what if any are people using and is it safe?i need a top up today so i will start by doing that and next time i service will replace the lot. its an s3. any help would be great guys thanks. daz

5W40 fully synth (Quantum Platinum in my case).... simples

<tuffty/>

hi tuffty. funny enough i knew you would reply and it was a thread you had replied to but i cant find it again. so any 5-40 is ok or shall i get the one you use lol. ive read threads that insist you need to follow the requirements but only found 5-30 meeting them? thanks tuffty. always helpful. daz

ok great ill give that a go. thats great help kwistof. good price to!!

I use Quantum 10w40 in mine, previously used to use Castrol Magnatec 10w40.

Would it be better to use 5w40 or is it ok to carry on with 10w40??

Cheers
Nilz

Quantum 10w40 is only semi synthetic. I would recommend using the Quantum Platinum 5w40.

The VAG group cars leave the factory with Fuchs oil in their sumps. Quantum oil is actually made by Castoll and used as a service oil in the UK.

I have always used quantum Silver in my ABF and Platinum in my AGU. It meets all requirements set by VW, but apparently isnt used in Germany.