Stealth sub

Ask andy mac! He's the mac daddy when it comes to this stuff!

Mind you, and 8" sub would be nice too.

I have the stealth sub box and a JL 6" sub... sounds real nice... won't make your hair move like the 12" sub setups I have used in my younger years but I don't have much hair to move these days so all is good :D

<tuffty/>

I fitted mine a few months ago and it sounds great :) I recommend changing the front and rear speakers to with the rears being ran through the same amp as the sub gives it more off a kick and the best thing if you follow Andy Macs guide everything is stealth including the amp and all the wires :rockwoot:

I have the stealth sub box and a JL 6" sub... sounds real nice... won't make your hair move like the 12" sub setups I have used in my younger years but I don't have much hair to move these days so all is good :D

<tuffty/>

HAHAHAHA! I can still picture you cruising through town blasting off lil Wayne! I heard jojo's sub and it was sweet! Need to get one, but gonna get some rockford fosgate fronts and rears. Some come with crossovers, they worth getting too?

HAHAHAHA! I can still picture you cruising through town blasting off lil Wayne! I heard jojo's sub and it was sweet! Need to get one, but gonna get some rockford fosgate fronts and rears. Some come with crossovers, they worth getting too?

Crossovers on component speakers are always worth having.... my focals use passive cross overs but be careful where you place them as they can pick up noise from the wiring in the car...

I have a 6 channel electronic x-over to fit when I get 5 mins then every speaker in the car will have its own amp ;P
CRW_4641.jpg

<tuffty/>

Cheers,will drop andy a pm. Good to hear its not to loud not looking for a bump bump bump as the oldies say, just since bit of base. Would anybody recommend door speakers

Last edited:
my focals use passive cross overs but be careful where you place them as they can pick up noise from the wiring in the car...

I had this on my car, alternator whine from the 6.5" JL subwoofer, using a RF300.1 Punch AMP(I think?), never really found the problem, but cured it with one of those inline supressor things that goes between the AMP and the headunit. I was working in an Audio store at the time, and they never sell any of these, so I borrowed it to test it out, surprised it worked! lol

Hey am 23 and think the bump bump bump is stupid, normally when you here it tho its stuck in the boot of a 1.0 corsa with a big fat exhaust ........with wheel trims

I've had one of these fitted in my car for about 4 years or so and they are definitely worth the money.Had the JL sub in it and blew it within a year.I then tried a 300w ultra long stroke sub off ebay(had to shim it out with the old JL surround as it was too deep for the box),thought it was a bit of a gamble as it was £85 off ebay, hype listing,unknown brand ect ect.Fitted it and it beat the JL hands down.Its still pumping away with no problems!.

Has anone in the north west area got an AndyMac sub setup with the factory bose ? I would be good to have a listen before deciding to go for one.

i was gonna get one but cant justify the nearly 400 notes it costs... shame cos there great looking units

i was gonna get one but cant justify the nearly 400 notes it costs... shame cos there great looking units
I thought the same a bit expansive for a shaped sub box and some that's why I wanted to know if anyone tried the cheap alternative

Oh no matter found it,should be ok only looking for a bit more bass nothing fancy. This idea works well because the mrs can still get the pram in the boot

Dose every a3 have one of these? [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]just i was putting in bulbs and found one , but I thought it was just s3 that had them or just Bose sytemes [/FONT]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-2001-BOOT-BASS-SPEAKER-BOX-SUB-H88-/271091106253?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1e4a01cd

Cool never stripped any of the interior down yet, so did not know the rear speaker sizes. As stated before dont want bump bump bump just want a nice clear sound syteme as I am passed that stage lol, how would a 2400w amp go with a 8 inch sub and rear speakers wired in as well???

Ive been looking at the Andy Mac sub for ages, it looks like an ace piece of kit. I bought some front and rear speaker mounts from him which fitted up a treat.