a word of warning

downhilldave77

Reaction score
hi all i know most of the members on here are pretty clued up on s3 s .if you are thinking of buying one or dont know to much about them[ like i did] please check that the haldex has been serviced i took my car to badger 5 for haldex service there was no oil in the haldex at all they re filled and the gasket was leaking it had not been serviced for years .it looks like the haldex clutches are ok and [engaging] but my controller is duff i was expecting the haldex to be knacked.i cant recommend the guys at badger 5 enough friendly and helpfull and know their stuff.

Yours must have been the one with the thimbleful of oil in it the other day was it..... Glad no major damage done....

yes that was mine i am glad as well just waiting for a controller now then hopefully fixed audi wanted 750+vat for one lol

we all hope the used controller will bring it back to life.
running with next to no oil for an unknown period of time is a concern.

plates do lock up (wheel hop when reversing and turning tight circles) and does'nt when fuse is pulled, so hoping its a controller fault forcing it to go full on all the time.

fingers and toes crossed

a big thanks to the guys at badger 5 who rescued my haldex from near death the controller was faulty thanks again top guys

Pleased it brought it back to life also.. Phew..
relatively inexpensive vs what it could have been.

no hoppy stuff, and 4wd when it needs to be.. Just a little too late now snows melting.. doh!