track rod arm

Birdy

Reaction score
just wondering if it is possible to replace one track rod arm from a s3? has anybody done this before iv done it in other cars in the past just not sure it is possible on the s3. mines a 2000 if it makes a difference. does anybody have a one lying around i could buy?? cheers

New ones are around 35 quid from euro carparts and they have a 25% off deal at the moment so I would buy a new one...

If you are looking for second hand then use the classifieds as wanted ads in the main forums will result in thread closure...

Its a relatively straight forward job but requires a special tool to undo the arm at the rack...

<tuffty/>

cool i get one ordered cheers. is the tool easy to get hold of as i have an extensive tool set anway, but when you say special is it somthing i would need to ask audi for?? i wasnt trying to use the main forum as a classified just thought i would the question while i was in the mind set. thanks again for the info

...not sure if there are different sizes available or what size is needed for an S3 track rod... I'd get the rod then measure it... you could also have a quick google as I am sure there are some homemade alternatives out there...

<tuffty/>