S3 alloys

Den13

Reaction score
Just bought s3 alloys did not intend to buy them but they had 2min to go on eBay and my finger got itchy:meeting:anyway they need painted and two tyres paints not a problem but I thought I had two brand new Tyres in the garage which I do but the 215/45/17 the s3 alloys are 225/45/17 would the 215 still fit or is it a no go cheers

image_zpsd0cbdbbf.jpg

realy no wonder my finger was itchy lol

225/45/17's are normal for these wheels... while I think they will stretch over (I am sure some of the more 'scene' orientated members will confirm or deny this) I am not sure that its the best idea to mix 225 and 215 tyres (assuming the 215's will go on the front)... while not 4WD the ABS may not like the different rolling radius that the 215's will be compared to the 225's... personally I would sell on the 215's and fit 225's... you can pick up ditch finders for 40 quid a corner... wouldn't normally suggest those but as you have a 1.6 then they will prob give you less agro than mixing the rolling radius's up..

<tuffty/>

If they are just std valves with chrome bling on then they will fit..

<tuffty/>

Also am going to try the 215 tyres first and see how I get on, failing that there's a e36 of my brothers thats being broken with m3 alloys 225/45/17 so might rob his tyres from that,advantage of having a tyre machine at the house lol

There wouldn't be an issue with fitting 215/45's on S3 wheels, that's what I had on mine.

The 225's having a higher side profile make the wheels look much smaller, I would say that PT's views were right if we were talking 205/45 or smaller but 215 will give a nice fit on the rim whilst still offering good grip and comfort.

If you are capable of fitting a full set of 215's or a full set of 225's then personally I would do the 215's. Don't mix and match sizes though :)

Ok good to know cheers, and the only reason I am using the 215 is I have two brand new ones and on the alloys there is two brand new 225 and two needing replaced so just trying to use up the new tyres lol