alignment question

Khufu

Reaction score
I did my wishbone bushes the other day (complete arms), but when I went out in it today (I live above my work and dont need to use it every day) I noticed that it is very twitchy on the road especially on bumps. I'm going to check the tracking tomorrow but I didnt think there was any adjustment on changing the wishbones unlike the S3 having the possibility of moving the balljoints in or out. Any other thoughts...

regardless of not having any adjustment on them i think you will still need some sort of tracking/aligment done. Always the case after changing any steering or suspension component.
Worth doing now before it affects your tyres

After I had my wishbones done I got tracking done first thing next day, and car did feel more twitchy even after that. I put it down to having fresh rubber in the bushes and just feeling more through the steering. It took a little bit of getting used to though, it definitely felt a bit "jittery" but it still gripped well and steering wasn't as vague as it had felt previously.

(I traded the A3 in against an Octavia estate last week and I really miss the sport suspension and lower seats in the A3, but handling isn't as bad as I thought, even though it's the estate. Bummer is that this Octavia seems to be guzzling fuel (1.8T))

checked it out today and it was miles out so I have adjusted them and the car feels a lot better. Had to heat the locking nuts red hot to get the buggers to move!