Facelift Cold Air Feed??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score

Hi guys ;)

There was a recant thread about fitting a cold air feed that had mixed views and i decided to but one and give it a go.

I bought a 3” hose but I'm having trouble fitting it.

It seems to go down the side of the battery ok but then it hits a metal strip down where the headlight is.

I've even tried squashing the hose a bit but it still wont fit.

Has anyone here managed to fit one to a facelift car and have any pointers?

Upload some pictures mate also it might be easier to take the bumper off there's no reason it shouldn't fit as I've fitted these before easily

Upload some pictures mate also it might be easier to take the bumper off there's no reason it shouldn't fit as I've fitted these before easily

Thanks for the reply mate ;)

It not the bumper that's getting in the way as i cant even get it down that far.

I've marked the bit in red:

80623974.jpg

79111633.jpg

I'm wondering if its the same bit that get in the way when people try and change the headlights over.

It should fit between the bit you have marked an the battery you may have to persuade the wiring out the way a bit tho

You need to run the pipe as close to the wing as possible. I don't think you'll ever fit it into the gap you've marked in your pics.

I can run it down the side of the wing ok but then it just buts up to the headlight as it wont fit down towards the bumper :(

It should fit between the bit you have marked an the battery you may have to persuade the wiring out the way a bit tho

I've tried moving all the wiring out the may mate, its that bit of metal that's getting in the way.

What's it for an can you trim it down a bit it's strange as I've never had a problem maybe as mines a pre facelift

What's it for an can you trim it down a bit it's strange as I've never had a problem maybe as mines a pre facelift

I'm not sure mate :(

I think I'm going to take the battery out...etc so i can get a better look.

Sounds like a good idea maybe even the bumper as its a 5 min job I've just fitted a 4 inch air feed to mine with no trouble at all mate

Sounds like a good idea maybe even the bumper as its a 5 min job I've just fitted a 4 inch air feed to mine with no trouble at all mate

Ill get some better pics up when i do ;)

Is it really that easy to take the bumper off?

How / Where did you put the other end of the hose?

I've read that some people remove one of the fog lights and put in in there but I'm hoping that the bumper will be vented enough.

Ill get some better pics up when i do ;)

Is it really that easy to take the bumper off?

How / Where did you put the other end of the hose?

I've read that some people remove one of the fog lights and put in in there but I'm hoping that the bumper will be vented enough.

When I fitted mine I fitted it behind the grilled area by the fog. I also made sure it was slightly angled down to avoid any water collecting in it when it rains.

I've since removed mine as it was getting in the way and I dont think it did anything for performance anyway.

The bumpers easy to remove 3 t20 or t25 torx in each arch then 4 clips under the bonnet and pull I put mine to the grille where the fogs are I don't have fogs but next to the fog will be fine

Had my bumper of yesterday so took a pic mines a pre facelift but with facelift bumper so same thing This is mine and no it's not tumble dryer pipe it's proper cold air feed just a crap colour lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357897038794600