A case of you get what you pay for.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
In this case, a '53' plate Noggy Blue S3 for £2.5k, bargain or what?!

Turns up outside my house with what sounds like bottom end rattle - Ouch, and on closer inspection, it's not got it's original engine!

Still, I thought I'd give it a scan, and it had quite a few DTCs aswell.

Nasty!

If it needs a new engine..... I have one.....Middle of next month....

Hmmmmmm, thing is S3s are actually going for silly money now as well aint they, guess its a case of win some loose some.

Didn't get it off eBay from down this way did you? Chavy wheels and stickers on it?

If so, I was offered it too. :(

I'd be questioning why it's had a engine swap mate and the new engine is not well too! Must of had a mega hard neglected life........
Keep us up to date mate, good luck!

Sean

Hay Jo I will also have my bam block and head if you are in need in a few weeks, I've finaly started to build my large port lump yeay..

JoJo Branson expanding the fleet again ;)

Jo, if you need a hand with the leccy's just give me a shout, you know it's what I do :lmfao: :D

Lol, you guys, not my car man, I was just helping a guy out. After dropping the bad news, I just left him to it, what else could I do? Not my problem really. It was a Noggy Blue one on a 53 plate, with Silver leather option like mine, and pretty standard looking, no stickers, just standard 17" rims.

I may need to source an engine for him if he decides he wants to fix it, but it drives, albeit, a bit smokey with a noisey bottom end. I'll stop short of not posting the full reg to embarrass the guy, he look gutted! :(

Lol! Drop the bad news then eski....... Yeah it's knackered mate, Gunna cost you thousands, cheers , bye! I love it . Bet his face was priceless

Jo you sold him a dodgey s3 like you did to me you dodgey cracker! ;)

Dont think you have many/any rights if you buy privately.
Might be good to post the Reg no on here in case it goes up for sale soon again.

Am sure you got the right unless sold with recept implying there I'd no warranty with the vehicle

Am sure you got the right unless sold with recept implying there I'd no warranty with the vehicle
You have zero right to return or get a refund when buying privately. Even if the car falls in half down the road. Obviously if it's stolen that's another matter.

And a 53 S3 for 2.5k, put a replacement engine in and you've got an S3 for 3.5k. Not the end of the world at all.