Full Audi Service History,
Never Tracked
Full Audi Service History
1 Owner
9 Months Tax And 11 Months MOT
All Documentation
Excellent Condition

Fluff

A franchise dealer would charge 18k, non franchise about 17k, and a private sale i reckon about 15-16k.

Hi Madvw

My local dealer has offered me a sell and return price of £14,500.

Do you think this is any good ????

Fluff

ho ho ho, dealers are crazy people.

they will pay as little as they think they can get away with for a part exchange. You best bet is to grab a glass' figure for the trade on your car, and let them know that you know what it is.

tbh, i think that 14.5k - 15k is about right on a trade in though (from an audi dealer anyway), as they tend to add about 3 grand on the trade in price.

be prepared to sell privately if you want more.

[ QUOTE ]
You best bet is to grab a glass' figure for the trade on your car, and let them know that you know what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pointless. Dealers will pay less whatever the Glass's guide says. If you're not happy with what they offer then tough, they ain't gonna be persuaded to pay more whatever figures you quote them. The only way you will get more is to sell privately, same as it's always been.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You best bet is to grab a glass' figure for the trade on your car, and let them know that you know what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pointless. Dealers will pay less whatever the Glass's guide says. If you're not happy with what they offer then tough, they ain't gonna be persuaded to pay more whatever figures you quote them. The only way you will get more is to sell privately, same as it's always been.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not necessarily, but it sets a level playing field with the dealer. He'll then know that you have the best information out there, and you can then cut the bull on how much you car, and the intended purchase is actually worth. He'll then be in the position to have to justify why you car is worth less, and the car your buying is worth more. Let the mofo squirm.

in the end, you should always leave them with a final offer and let them call you back. Once they sniff a sale, they'll be calling you in 48 hours.

As in all purchases in life though, it depends on how much you really want that car, as thats the only barganing point the salesman has on you.

Of course being informed is better than not being informed.

Dealers will sell as high as they can and buy as low as they can. It's up to the customer to push them to their best price, whether selling or buying.

Fluff is this a part ex figure or just you selling to a dealer? Either way I think £14,500 is a pretty good offer from a dealer, particularly as the used car market is dead. Or does "sell or return" means they are not actually buying this from you just selling on your behalf? In which case it's not the same thing.

Parkers guide says a dealer will pay £13,770:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_ca...&buyorsell=sell

Dealers can really take the p*ss on a trade-in price.

When my mother went to get a new car earlier this year, the average trade-in value (according to the guides) of her owned-from-new V-reg V40 was £2850. Given it was in a good spec and colour, and it was immaculate, I thought £3k was achievable. VW thought otherwise and offered a measly £2400 take-it-or-leave-it against a Golf Mk5 GT.

Then again Audi offered £3k for it against a Sportback. Which was pretty good.

All depends on the dealer and how saleable they think your car is. If they think they can shift it quickly they'll offer you more.

I got offered an amazingly good trade in on my old A3 against my S3 - the reason turned out to be that they already had a customer lined up for it who'd asked them to find her an A3 1.8TQ exactly like mine.

the bad news fella...

Audi S3 quattro
1.8 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Four Wheel Drive
Year: 2002 02
Mileage: 27,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£15100

Average condition:
£13550

Below average condition:
£12000

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for all the comments chaps

Caractere 007,

Where did you get these part ex prices from ???

Fluff