S3 Service

LeeDaynes

Reaction score
My 2000 S3 has just been into Audi for it's 60000 mile service + haldex oil change. I also had a new cambelt fitted and sorted out my hot start problem which turned out to be the engine temp sender. All in the cost was £671, how does this compare to other people's experience's of main dealer services.

Mine's in tommorow for 80k and cambelt at Mackenzies in Lichfield quote £550. I'll let you know....

Audi were quoting me well over £700, but I bought the car over your way and the local audi there quoted £600 for same service.

Too far to go though!!!

Mackenzies Lichfied - Very Happy.

80k Service etc quoted £550. but then needed to do Haldex oil change and full brake fluid change and a couple of other bits.

Total Cost £763.

Service Fantastic, had the water pump changed at the same time as the cambelt. They showed me the pump, part of the plastic impeller was missing (see loads of threads on here) put a bronze one in apparantly.

Feels smooth again. Lovely.

Very happy. My only concern is the one I have always had about all dealers and independants alike.....

You ring for price of service, quoting mileage and what type of service you think it needs. They give you a price and then you book in........Low and behold oh at this mileage it needs this, that and the flipping other.....Well I told you the blinking (polite) mileage on the phone didn't I???

Happens everywhere, although to be fair AMD listed everything that might need to be done, but when you added it up it was over £1100.

So I've had it all done for £763. good then.

The only other thing that crossed my mind as the plastic melted into the credit card machine was.....

"Flippin heck, I paid less for my 205 than I did for this service......!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm glad you got your car sorted out, i know what you mean about finding more work than what it went in for. Audi recommended that i should have my rear brake disc's and pads replaced during the service as they were near the wear limit, all for only £227. There's about 4-5mm of pad left and hardly any wear lip on the disc's, the car only passed it's MOT a fortnight ago. They must think i was born yesterday.

40k service + haldex and brake service £580 - robinsons norwich.

Bloke - I see you're in Norfolk. Where did you take it ? Was it robinsons in Norwich as MadVW has said ?
I took mine there when I first got it, thought they were pretty good bunch of people to be fair.
(especially the young ladies on reception) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Clive Attowe sems to be good with VAG as well, if you dont want main dealer bullsh*t:. (mind you, he isnt too cheap either but does know his stuff)

Hi Matt
Yes it was Robinson's, you're right they are a good bunch but there always seems to be some other work that they find. As for the girls, they make paying your money a more enjoyable experience.

Just had my 40k AVS service, brake fluid change and haldex oil and filter change all for £450 at Ipswich Audi.

I was pretty impressed with that price

Had my 40K service done for £350! This includes the break fluid change and the Haldex Filter/Oil...

It helps to know people on the inside!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just a quick question regarding servicing - when should the cambelt be changed as I have 2 differing reports, one at 77K and the other at 115K.

Any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick question regarding servicing - when should the cambelt be changed as I have 2 differing reports, one at 77K and the other at 115K.

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get it done at 80K at the latest, I was quoted the 115k as well, however my waterpump died at 93k along with the cambelt. Cost for a new Engine inc fitting was £6000.00, thank christ for my warranty otherwise I would have been stuffed.

Just had mine done at 80k with water pump at the same time (you just pay for the pump then - no labour). Pump had chunk out of it already....

go early if I were you.

I had thought this to be honest, always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the replys.