Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    59

    Creations Motorsport: turbo recirculating dump diverter valve

    Hi all, was looking at Creations Motorsport website and came across this item, anyone have any previous experience of this part, recommend it or not, or would you say get a used 007 dv and a service kit? Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Personally I would stick to a Forge item or an OEM DV if this is what you currently have... the 007P leaks a little and all the 'copy' ones I have seen leak even worse...

    If you don't have the money for a Forge DV stick to the OEM one... its simply better...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    59
    Thanks Tuffty thought id ask as there are alot of members who have tried and tested these items before and they/you know more....

  5. #4
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Thing is though... other people may well be using these and others and be oblivious to any potential issues... I have seen so many cars now that have had silly little problems that the owners are blissfully unaware of... today I saw an AGU Golf that had a Forge cold side relocation kit fitted... the 'vacuum' pipe for the DV was actually 'T'd into the 'boost' pipe of the N75 valve... this would mean in would almost never see a decent form of vacuum and in actual fact would never work even remotely like it should do...

    I can say for sure that the OEM DV holds 30psi and doesn't leak... there are also the 'myth's over springs... for almost any application in a 007P you can use a single shim and a green spring...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    59
    Really....never seen that, no advantage then. What about this Genuine Audi dump valve 'the 710N' latest version DV. All advice welcome, I dont want to create a beast I dont have the money, just want to make the engine less restrictive, I know i need to upgrade other items too which im seeking currently.

  7. #6
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    744
    I've just fitted a 007 after having the fluttery OEM since I bought the car a few weeks ago. It pulls much harder now, sounds a lot more spooly and just feels better. Granted they might leak but a bust diaphragm in my old one was obviously leaking like a madman.

    Billet aluminium is always better than plastic too
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  8. #7
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    760
    oem dont waste your money simples

  9. #8
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    I've just fitted a 007 after having the fluttery OEM since I bought the car a few weeks ago. It pulls much harder now, sounds a lot more spooly and just feels better. Granted they might leak but a bust diaphragm in my old one was obviously leaking like a madman.

    Billet aluminium is always better than plastic too
    Any valve would be an improvement in that case... simply fitting a new OEM one would have done the job just as well...

    This point of failure was downfall of the OEM ones but the latest versions are pretty good... in fairness the OEM one could break again but I still maintain its a decent valve... being billet doesn't really make it any better... they leak at the seat.. you don't need a stiff spring (to keep it closed) as all this does is make the valve slow to respond and make the actual opening gap smaller when it does...

    You can 'lap' the piston in though (like you would lap the valves in a cylinder head) and this improves the seal...

    I believe the Forge 008 has a rubber seal on its piston so should seal well...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    59
    To summarise then all products have pros and cons, its about personal preference?!

  11. #10
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    760

  12. #11
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    59
    informative thread jezzy

  13. #12
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Any valve would be an improvement in that case... simply fitting a new OEM one would have done the job just as well...

    This point of failure was downfall of the OEM ones but the latest versions are pretty good... in fairness the OEM one could break again but I still maintain its a decent valve... being billet doesn't really make it any better... they leak at the seat.. you don't need a stiff spring (to keep it closed) as all this does is make the valve slow to respond and make the actual opening gap smaller when it does...

    You can 'lap' the piston in though (like you would lap the valves in a cylinder head) and this improves the seal...

    I believe the Forge 008 has a rubber seal on its piston so should seal well...

    <tuffty/>
    Heehee I know Anything was better than the last. I just like gnarly bits of metal rather than plastic. I bought some Hi Spec Billet 4 pots for my Escort and didn't fit them for months because I liked having them on my desk. Once I did, though, it could do stoppies

    I read all of your posts and others' about the 007 vs OEM but decided to go for the Forge item just because I had the cash burning a hole in my pocket and I live close to a tuning shop which had them on the shelf. I might just give lapping a whirl then on your say so as that makes total sense
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  14. #13
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    Heehee I know Anything was better than the last. I just like gnarly bits of metal rather than plastic. I bought some Hi Spec Billet 4 pots for my Escort and didn't fit them for months because I liked having them on my desk. Once I did, though, it could do stoppies

    I read all of your posts and others' about the 007 vs OEM but decided to go for the Forge item just because I had the cash burning a hole in my pocket and I live close to a tuning shop which had them on the shelf. I might just give lapping a whirl then on your say so as that makes total sense
    I don't know what spring you are running but try a green spring and a shim... the shim (use a little sealant or grease to seal it) will reduce the pistons overall volume and make it more responsive and the green spring will be enough for any boost level...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  15. #14
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    744
    Cool Tufty cheers. It's just standard at the moment. I only bought it a month ago and the MOT is due in Feb so I'm just sorting out the niggles and getting it running right and making sure it's ripe for upping the power ONLY after fitting new suspension and S3 brakes, though
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  16. #15
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    744
    I've just read this Interesting Dump Valve Information For New Buyers And Owners. Servicing Etc and decided to take the 007 back. You're right Tufty. I should have just bought an OEM.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  17. #16
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Well... there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the 007p... so don't go selling up in a panic... if you have one then its fine... the 'leak' in most cases is very slight... and they can be made to seal better and perform fine...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  18. #17
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    5,061

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    How much of a dick did I feel after all of that...

    OE has done the trick for me, I sold my 007p for £70 and got an OE one for free off a friend. My car is pulling stronger than ever before, and I thought it was good with the leaky 007p! If you can keep on top of lapping the valve in and maintaining the seal then a 007p is probably a better valve, but the OE one is totally maintenance free until you throw it out and replace it...Which most people do with 007p's when they start to leak.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  19. #18
    RIP S3dave

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    7,162
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    I've just fitted a 007 after having the fluttery OEM since I bought the car a few weeks ago. It pulls much harder now, sounds a lot more spooly and just feels better. Granted they might leak but a bust diaphragm in my old one was obviously leaking like a madman.

    Billet aluminium is always better than plastic too
    so replace the oe one... You had to replace it.. and bought a.n.other make..
    Oe works better than aftermarket unless they're split
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    today I saw an AGU Golf that had a Forge cold side relocation kit fitted... the 'vacuum' pipe for the DV was actually 'T'd into the 'boost' pipe of the N75 valve... this would mean in would almost never see a decent form of vacuum and in actual fact would never work even remotely like it should do...



    <tuffty/>
    isnt 'T'ing the pipe from the DV valve part of the N249 removal? sorry is this sounds like a stupid question but im new to this tuning of audis and read far to much mixing it up as i go along lol

  21. #20
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    isnt 'T'ing the pipe from the DV valve part of the N249 removal? sorry is this sounds like a stupid question but im new to this tuning of audis and read far to much mixing it up as i go along lol
    Yes but it needs to be from the inlet manifold not the charge pipe... it will not see vacuum when you close the throttle...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  22. #21
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    69
    oh i see as i have now completed the bypass and thought i had done it wrong lol. thans for clearing that up

  23. #22
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    744
    OK might have been a bit hasty last night in my Lemsip/cider mixing LOL. Keeping the 007 but will lap the piston. Bill, yep I should have bought an OEM one to replace the broken one but I was reading and reading the forum and it seemed that the 007 was the one to get. Course I bought it before I read the link I put above. Oh well, it's working a lot better and that's the main thing I suppose.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. dump/diverter valve
    By chrisa4quat in forum Tuning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th September 2005, 17:09
  2. AMD VIPER DUMP/DIVERTER VALVE SERVICING
    By wezhaz in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th August 2005, 20:54
  3. Dump/diverter valve
    By imported_velcrobix in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st October 2004, 19:58
  4. Best Diverter Valve/Dump Valve
    By ScottyKemp in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd September 2003, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO