Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Prawn

Thread: where did you go and what did you get?

2nd Gear

Status

where did you go and what did you get?

hi all happy new year and all that jaz as ive said in my last post im after a stage 2 remap but im not shore where to go im in brighton so not to far away . Where did you go 'how much did you pay and what did you get power wise and drive wise ? im after an aggresive map to wake the car up !!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    R tech or Bill at Badger 5, as reccomended by everybody in your last thread

You could go to AMD, but take their power claims with a spoon of salt.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    yer thats why ive asked before i go anywhere

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Just go rtech....nuff said

Chugger

Status

where did you go and what did you get?

I vote Rtech. Niki did wonders with my old s3
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    you havn't said in either thread what car it is you want this st2 map on mate....

As per the above, Badger 5 or R-tech are the only two sensible options for the thinking man, but it depends on what you want exactly and whether you have a map of any sort on it currently. Badger5 and R-tech both do ME7 and ME7.5 (APY AUM AUQ AMK BAM), although currently I believe only R-tech can map ME3.8 (AGU - A3)

If you already had a revo map on an S3 for example, then JKM could do a revo st2 for about £50, although that's still just a generic code, many people have made good figures from it, although it'll never be as good as a true custom tune from R-tech or B5, and if you don't already have revo st1 then Revo st2 will cost you just as much, if not more!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    ok its an 2000 amk s3 and the reason i wonted to see what power people got is because the prof is in the pudding as they say

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Power depends on things like mods etc... most K04 turbo'd cars will settle around the 280hp mark... stage 2 will vary between 260hp and 280hp typically...

For the best chance of getting top power the engine needs to be healthy, the turbo strong and pre-requisite mods such as FMIC, 3" DP, induction kit etc... no air leaks and in a good state of service (decent plugs, coil packs etc)

Factors that effect power will be heavy breathing engines from worn piston rings, turbo past its best (oil seals leaking... oil in the throttle body is a sign), not using 99 octane fuel (the number of people that turn up for a remap and are only running cheap 95 ron fuel!!!)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...should mention that its not really where you take it that determines how much power you get these days but more the condition of your engine and the mods you have...

Both Bill @ Badger 5 and Niki @ R-Tech will map to the mods you have safely... if there too many issues that need sorting however both will tell you..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    ...should mention that its not really where you take it that determines how much power you get these days but more the condition of your engine and the mods you have...

Both Bill @ Badger 5 and Niki @ R-Tech will map to the mods you have safely... if there too many issues that need sorting however both will tell you..

<tuffty/>

Thats very true

Someone that knows there VAGs will point out any little issues that may need to be address
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

2nd Gear

Status
    ok ive got the 3 inch downpipe panel filter with 3inch feed tip amd d/v new plugs ,coil packs and a new maf the car has full and then some history no smoke 52k on the clock and never misses a beat and now codes showing . its my 4th baby

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Stands a chance then....

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    You want to be adding a fmic before thinking about custom mapping (if you haven't already done it)
    2001 AMK S3 in Goodwood Green

5th Gear

Status
    so you have no fmic? just to be clear??!!

5th Gear

Status
    typical timing!!

2nd Gear

Status
    yer probley will

6th Gear

Status
    Go to parsons performance near uckfield and get the car checked over before it gets taken to be mapped.

They also do revo if you don't want custom mapping, otherwise the two mentioned are about the best about..

2nd Gear

Status
    just after a staig 2 map do revo do this ?

1st Gear

Status
    Have you contacted Revo to ask?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey01 View Post
    just after a staig 2 map do revo do this ?
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    you havn't said in either thread what car it is you want this st2 map on mate....

As per the above, Badger 5 or R-tech are the only two sensible options for the thinking man, but it depends on what you want exactly and whether you have a map of any sort on it currently. Badger5 and R-tech both do ME7 and ME7.5 (APY AUM AUQ AMK BAM), although currently I believe only R-tech can map ME3.8 (AGU - A3)

If you already had a revo map on an S3 for example, then JKM could do a revo st2 for about £50, although that's still just a generic code, many people have made good figures from it, although it'll never be as good as a true custom tune from R-tech or B5, and if you don't already have revo st1 then Revo st2 will cost you just as much, if not more!
    SERIOUSLY? Are you Fu<KING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Read the bloody thread man!

Do you think I wasted 5 minutes of my time typing 150 words for my own benefit? on a Topic that's already discussed weekly, but I thought I'd be nice and give you a sensible reply when everyone else is just saying 'use the search'.

Darren4 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Nick (Prawn) is not posting for his own benefit he's trying to help you,if your going to ignore advice then your threads will end up with little or no advice from the people who in the know.
    Also if you are interested in a certain remap then why not phone the nearest tuner ?
    The forum exists mainly to help people but sometimes asking a basic question like your last one does test members patience.

2nd Gear

Status
    ok chaps my bad