where did you go and what did you get?

harvey01

Reaction score
hi all happy new year and all that jaz as ive said in my last post im after a stage 2 remap but im not shore where to go im in brighton so not to far away . Where did you go 'how much did you pay and what did you get power wise and drive wise ? im after an aggresive map to wake the car up !!

R tech or Bill at Badger 5, as reccomended by everybody in your last thread

You could go to AMD, but take their power claims with a spoon of salt.

you havn't said in either thread what car it is you want this st2 map on mate....

As per the above, Badger 5 or R-tech are the only two sensible options for the thinking man, but it depends on what you want exactly and whether you have a map of any sort on it currently. Badger5 and R-tech both do ME7 and ME7.5 (APY AUM AUQ AMK BAM), although currently I believe only R-tech can map ME3.8 (AGU - A3)

If you already had a revo map on an S3 for example, then JKM could do a revo st2 for about £50, although that's still just a generic code, many people have made good figures from it, although it'll never be as good as a true custom tune from R-tech or B5, and if you don't already have revo st1 then Revo st2 will cost you just as much, if not more!

ok its an 2000 amk s3 and the reason i wonted to see what power people got is because the prof is in the pudding as they say

Power depends on things like mods etc... most K04 turbo'd cars will settle around the 280hp mark... stage 2 will vary between 260hp and 280hp typically...

For the best chance of getting top power the engine needs to be healthy, the turbo strong and pre-requisite mods such as FMIC, 3" DP, induction kit etc... no air leaks and in a good state of service (decent plugs, coil packs etc)

Factors that effect power will be heavy breathing engines from worn piston rings, turbo past its best (oil seals leaking... oil in the throttle body is a sign), not using 99 octane fuel (the number of people that turn up for a remap and are only running cheap 95 ron fuel!!!)

<tuffty/>

...should mention that its not really where you take it that determines how much power you get these days but more the condition of your engine and the mods you have...

Both Bill @ Badger 5 and Niki @ R-Tech will map to the mods you have safely... if there too many issues that need sorting however both will tell you..

<tuffty/>

...should mention that its not really where you take it that determines how much power you get these days but more the condition of your engine and the mods you have...

Both Bill @ Badger 5 and Niki @ R-Tech will map to the mods you have safely... if there too many issues that need sorting however both will tell you..

<tuffty/>

Thats very true

Someone that knows there VAGs will point out any little issues that may need to be address

ok ive got the 3 inch downpipe panel filter with 3inch feed tip amd d/v new plugs ,coil packs and a new maf the car has full and then some history no smoke 52k on the clock and never misses a beat and now codes showing . its my 4th baby

You want to be adding a fmic before thinking about custom mapping (if you haven't already done it)

so you have no fmic? just to be clear??!!

Go to parsons performance near uckfield and get the car checked over before it gets taken to be mapped.

They also do revo if you don't want custom mapping, otherwise the two mentioned are about the best about..

just after a staig 2 map do revo do this ?

Seriously?

you havn't said in either thread what car it is you want this st2 map on mate....

As per the above, Badger 5 or R-tech are the only two sensible options for the thinking man, but it depends on what you want exactly and whether you have a map of any sort on it currently. Badger5 and R-tech both do ME7 and ME7.5 (APY AUM AUQ AMK BAM), although currently I believe only R-tech can map ME3.8 (AGU - A3)

If you already had a revo map on an S3 for example, then JKM could do a revo st2 for about £50, although that's still just a generic code, many people have made good figures from it, although it'll never be as good as a true custom tune from R-tech or B5, and if you don't already have revo st1 then Revo st2 will cost you just as much, if not more!

SERIOUSLY? Are you Fu<KING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Read the ****** thread man!

Do you think I wasted 5 minutes of my time typing 150 words for my own benefit? on a Topic that's already discussed weekly, but I thought I'd be nice and give you a sensible reply when everyone else is just saying 'use the search'.

:rtfm:

Reactions: Darren4
Nick (Prawn) is not posting for his own benefit he's trying to help you,if your going to ignore advice then your threads will end up with little or no advice from the people who in the know.
Also if you are interested in a certain remap then why not phone the nearest tuner ?
The forum exists mainly to help people but sometimes asking a basic question like your last one does test members patience.