Help with brake discs and pads

Goubo1

Reaction score
Hi guys was wondering if anyone knows what discs and pad I need for my front brakes.i have a receipt from qst for a brembo 322x22 front brake kit.

the discs that are on there just now are two piece discs but don't know what brand they are

would there be a part number on the caliper that I could refer to that I could use to find out what pads are required ?

Model of car? year? mods?

322x22 is an odd size... assuming they are some kind of cobbled together kit that only QST can supply bits for? Brembo Jnr kits typically come with 323x28mm discs are are readily available (as fitted to LCR's etc)

If its a QST kit then chances are the only place you can get the rotors will be QST as they may have modded A N Other disc to make them 2-piece and work with (what sounds like) a porsche rear caliper... 22mm is quite narrow for a front disc of that diameter..

<tuffty/>

Model of car? year? mods?

322x22 is an odd size... assuming they are some kind of cobbled together kit that only QST can supply bits for? Brembo Jnr kits typically come with 323x28mm discs are are readily available (as fitted to LCR's etc)

If its a QST kit then chances are the only place you can get the rotors will be QST as they may have modded A N Other disc to make them 2-piece and work with (what sounds like) a porsche rear caliper... 22mm is quite narrow for a front disc of that diameter..

<tuffty/>

tuffy the car is a 2000 s3 apy,it's had a mtm big turbo conversion from qst and in the folder of receipts i have a receipt for £1500 for brembo 322x22 front brake kit that's all I know about the brakes

Where abouts are the part numbers on brembo calipers and I can maybe identify what caliper it is ?

Ok... just looked on QST's website (Rear Brake Kits | Rear Brake Conversion Kits | Rear Disc Brake Kits) and they look like they are 322x32mm which is a little more realistic... as they are a movit kit by the looks then I believe the only place you can get the rotors from is QST and come with bells so this makes them expensive...

Another member here (AJC View Profile: AJC - Audi-Sport.net) had these brakes on his car and I think he managed to source some rotors but I don't remember if he ended up getting them from QST or somewhere else

<tuffty/>

Ok... just looked on QST's website (Rear Brake Kits | Rear Brake Conversion Kits | Rear Disc Brake Kits) and they look like they are 322x32mm which is a little more realistic... as they are a movit kit by the looks then I believe the only place you can get the rotors from is QST and come with bells so this makes them expensive...

Another member here (AJC View Profile: AJC - Audi-Sport.net) had these brakes on his car and I think he managed to source some rotors but I don't remember if he ended up getting them from QST or somewhere else

<tuffty/>

sound cheers that mate,would it be possible to just buy the rotors and reuse the bells ? As was thinking I could maybe get the rotors from movit direct

No idea mate... Andy C (the member I was on about) sourced some but don't remember where or what they were exactly... Porsche rotors of some description iirc... might be worth dropping him a PM and ask but if you got to QST I would be prepared for a shock..

<tuffty/>

No idea mate... Andy C (the member I was on about) sourced some but don't remember where or what they were exactly... Porsche rotors of some description iirc... might be worth dropping him a PM and ask but if you got to QST I would be prepared for a shock..

<tuffty/>

Cheers for you're help mate,yeah I can imagine qst being heart attack inducing

Phoned qst today and got quoted £960 for front discs and pads :sign_omg:

They are the 993 discs fella.... They are the only ones you can buy without the bells.... I'll have a chat with my pal tomorrow and see if I can shed a bit more light on it.....

Hi mate,

i do believe you have the same kit as me. They are 993 calipers on the front. are they these?

IMG 1406

I was looking at replacing the disks, but due to the cost im going to change mine. If you do a search there is a thread that i believe Prawn started and there is a section that shows how to get cheaper disks for our breaks.basically you get a Alfa brera disks and then have them re drilled, basically easy and cheap! like really cheap!

Last edited:
If they are 993 disks then surely they cant be touching a grand for 2 disks alone?

I don't think the Brembo GT kit costs much more than that & it has the full works with it.

They are the 993 discs fella.... They are the only ones you can buy without the bells.... I'll have a chat with my pal tomorrow and see if I can shed a bit more light on it.....

sound mate cheers,it's just I'm worried that the bolt holes won't line up as qst do a lot of stuff custom

Hi mate,

i do believe you have the same kit as me. They are 996 calipers on the front. are they these?

View attachment 9959

I was looking at replacing the disks, but due to the cost im going to change mine. If you do a search there is a thread that i believe Prawn started and there is a section that shows how to get cheaper disks for our breaks.basically you get a Alfa brera disks and then have them re drilled, basically easy and cheap! like really cheap!

my calipers seem a little different matey.

this is the only pic I have to hand just now.
F39EFEEE-4644-46A6-9732-3AC3F45A1320-600-000000395B0F7930.jpg

i will have a look for that thread cheers mate

If they are 993 disks then surely they cant be touching a grand for 2 disks alone?

I don't think the Brembo GT kit costs much more than that & it has the full works with it.

well I was told today £345 per disc and £110 for pads plus vat lol