2002 S3 headlamp issues

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
So the drivers bulb went out on me a mnth ago, didnt get chance to change right away and it started working, now its just gone off again!

so ive swapped the bulbs over, and its not the bulbs

next up ballast?? or something else to check?
audi just told me i cant buy the ballast seperatly and its £600 for the headlamp!

so been looking for a bit more info on how difficult it is to change the ballast?? i dont think my local garage will be interested in this!

ive found a few ballast units for about £100, but would also look at 2nd hand head lamps

all information appricated! does anyone have part numbers for ballast, or headlamp

cheers

aye cheers seems like it was a fuse!! swapped it for the heated washer jets one and headlights all working! i thought because it had stopped at started it again it prob wouldnt be that but really should of checked it! cheers!!!

Reactions: Westy
ok so it seems my headlight is playing up again!!, drivers side dipped beam, have checked fuses, bulbs, scanned the car and found a fault with level sensor showing short circuit?? could it be the issue?
any other ideas? due an mot very soon!

cheers

Guys anyone quickly have an idea if a 2001 xenon headlight unit from an A3 will fit a 2002 S3?
they look the same just wondered if anyone knew more
Cheers