Chris NottAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Halfords Motor Oil

I see they have a sale on at Halfords £10 for 4 litres of 5W30 fully synthetic but it's not the Vag specific stuff it's for Vauxhaul, Ford , Saab do people think it would be ok to run our TDi on it ?? i mean as long as you do regular oil changes it can't make that much difference can it that it's not VAG spec..... it's only a standard 1.9 TDi it's not like it's some fire spitting monster what are peoples thoughts ??
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add scr8pdo on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by 666markyboy View Post
    I see they have a sale on at Halfords £10 for 4 litres of 5W30 fully synthetic but it's not the Vag specific stuff it's for Vauxhaul, Ford , Saab do people think it would be ok to run our TDi on it ?? i mean as long as you do regular oil changes it can't make that much difference can it that it's not VAG spec..... it's only a standard 1.9 TDi it's not like it's some fire spitting monster what are peoples thoughts ??

That is an absolute giveaway at that price (fully synthetic) it wouldnt do any harm in your engine as long as you do regular changes it wont be at all a problem whatsoever.

In fact I might go and have a stock up at that price, Halfords lubes are top quality stuff, I cant remember who exactly produces it for Halfords but its a TOP company, its made by the likes of BP or ESSO AFAIK maybe something else but you can be certain you are buying really good oil.

Its like their professional tools line, they are extremely high quality with a lifetime warranty IIRC, do a search online about Halfords lubes and tools and read the reports and £10 for their 5W30 F/Syn is an absolute BARGAIN!!!! GO FOR IT MATE stock up for next year to lol, I bought some of their 5/30 (5 litres) Turbo Diesel stuff F/Syn a little while back and it was on offer at £30 reduced from nigh on £40 so there you go

1st Gear

Status
    I take it this is a PD engine? If so I'd be very careful putting anything other than the correct oil in it, they're known to throw their toys out if you're not very careful with the oil because of the extra requirement in the top end with the unit injectors in them.

I'm fairly sure halfords do VW specification oil too, just have to find the right bottle in there.

PS, halfords oil's made by Comma, not bad at all but nothing super special.
    1.8 20v turbo converted '88 Scirocco - ASN Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    They do do a VAG specific but thats not in the deal and it's £40.... i reckon if it's good enough for Saab then it's gonna be fine .... it is a PD though.... hmmmm @ a tenner though i could change oil once a month lol
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I just use Comma PD spec oil from my local motorfactors, it's about £23 for 5L I think?, my Passat TDI PD is on 198k miles running on this stuff.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400