downpipe fitment on hybrid turb

James TQ

Reaction score
i have bought a hybrid turbo and before i get it fitted i want to buy some more mods, looking at my k03 now it looks like where the downpipe meets the turbo it had 3 bolts on the flange wheres the k03/s hybrid has a 4 bolt flange, is this normal and do i have to get a s3 dp or a a3 quattro dp? thanks

I'd look again then mate as that turbo in the pic and the one on your car are K03 based so yours will have a 4 bolt fitting.... I'd have a look on FaceBook for the Relentless K04 page and have a chat with Sam about a downpipe for that... the A3 quatty DP is differnt to both the S3 and the FWD A3...

<tuffty/>

ok ya, i thought the s3 and quattro dp were the same shape just different flanges so i need a 4bolt dp to fit this, i can see this is going to just be a nightmare!!

Whyso?... to fit a K03 hybrid to a K03 car you more or less bolt it straight on... you will need injectors from a 210/225 K04 turbo'd car, a MAF tube from the same car and then mapped to suit...

The DP you currently have will bolt straight on to the hybrid... if you want a 3" one then pop on to facebook...

<tuffty/>

Out of interested where's that from and what bhp is it rated at?

i mean finding a dp will be a pain, before the hybrid goes on im going to get a new clutch and flywheel as its a 99' with 114k and no record of a change, also getting the dp befor,

would you advise rods, if so what dimensions do i need :) thanks

i bought it from a kid who split his a3 build by universal turbos not sure on what spec tbh just listed as k03s/4 hybrid

built 3 months ago, no play in shaft seems good nick

I'd hazard a guess then its a k04 based hybrid, whether it is just a k04 cold side hybrid or hotside as well its not possible to tell from the pictures. If your going to do it right, then get a ported exhaust manifold, b5 is what I recommend, and really would be needed to get this flowing well. You'll have to sort the water pipes as well you need a k04 tip which won't direct fit

i was thinking about getting it ported, its a normal a3 mani? is the tip size a k04 or 03? what needs to be done to the water pipes? b5 is too far for me to go its over 3hr drive i think i will use parsons its just over a hour to do the work, im ot planning on doing it anytime soon just doing bit by bit if i see something pop up for a fair price ill knab it, this turbo was £300 posted which i was pleased with, but as i saw clutch and poss rods before anything thanks for the info

i mean finding a dp will be a pain, before the hybrid goes on im going to get a new clutch and flywheel as its a 99' with 114k and no record of a change, also getting the dp befor,

would you advise rods, if so what dimensions do i need :) thanks

Fairly sure the A3 TQS uses 19mm rods... the K03 hybrids are quite spiky and with the grip a quatty has its advisable to do rods tbh.... personally would use rifle drilled ones too...

<tuffty/>

where is the best place to shop for them, what brands are best to look for? sorry for all the Q's