Badger 5 Anti Lag Launch Control for ME7.5 - Demo-poor ickle lupo

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
Here's a demo of our lupo (1.8t golf inside) with some new Me7.5 code being tested..
Gear Based boost, and the spectacular Anti Lag Boost Building LAunch Control.. with No Lift Shift....

Its building 1bar boost stationary

std motors need not apply... unless your brave. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zman6000, Gizmo20VT and Pedrosousa
If i had quattro enabled on mine at the mo, I'd show you a launch. but on 2wd, the car barely moves.LOL

So much want.

How come yours pops and spits constantly where as Niki's just sounds like a wet fart with the occasional pop.

Go Lupo!!!!

So much want.

How come yours pops and spits constantly where as Niki's just sounds like a wet fart with the occasional pop.

Go Lupo!!!!

I don't think Niki maps in launch control

What you see in Bill's vid is the launch control rev limiter

how it work is that you press the clutch in, have it in gear, press the go pedal and the revs will raise to what ever bill sets it at ( mine is 4k ) you can see its making boost and you can hear it popping, dump the clutch and away you go.

Lol! That's mint........@ What rpm is the launch control set for to engage drive???? I had a civic set for 3000rpm any more than that it was just spin spin spin I bet that lupo spins on the spot ?

Andrew, I am more than aware how launch control works :p Niki has been mapping in launch control, flat shift and left foot braking for about three years. I think Bill has been able to map in launch control for the same sort of time, but the two seem to have very different results!

So how does your software differ Bill, it seems nice and aggressive. I like it, great work! How are the revs cut? Does it work off the clutch switch? I think Niki has worked on one which works off speed sensors being stationary which can control boost until a certain speed.

I guess it is the fueling values which make the pops, does additional fuel also keep EGT's down for when you do get going?

This is so much better than that WOTBOX rubbish :)

Launch control and anti lag are two different things though. One's just for launches, one's for shifting ;)

Not sure I'd want to do this myself unless I had a maram shafted turbo.

This is Bills thread so I won't mention it anymore for fear of derailing. ;)

I can't believe how much our stock ECU's can offer us, it is such a constant evolution and it seems every month something new and awesome pops up. The last year has been so epic for 1.8t tuning. Keep up the good work :)

So how does your software differ Bill, it seems nice and aggressive. I like it, great work! How are the revs cut? Does it work off the clutch switch? I think Niki has worked on one which works off speed sensors being stationary which can control boost until a certain speed.

very very different to what you're thinking of dude.

the old style R-tech launch control as seen on my old daily, which you're refering to, was purely a second rev limiter based on road speed, below a certain speed the rev limiter was set at 4500rpm, so it just held the revs there, no drama, but at the time very cool.

this new type appears to work on ignition cutting instead, with the ignition repeatedly cut to hold the launch RPM, when the ignition is cut fuel is still injected, then when ignition fires again that fuel ignites, or at least I'm guessing how that works.

AndyP created a stupidly primitive launch / ALS system on his VEMs years ago too by using an on the fly map switch linked ot the handbrake warning light, that when activated set all ignition values to 0 at 4000rpm and injector DC to 100%, so at 4500rpm the ignition held it back and it poured in all the fuel which ignited, that used to make about 1 bar of boost static on a GT30 too.

Very cool looking system Bill, if given to the right people I'm sure it'll be fine. But if you gave it to someone who wasn't responsible enough they'd probably do a 'lee jones' and overuse it contantly and destroy something.

Will one of you please make this work on ME3.8 for me soon, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Good old Andy. If that was his Volvo, it could have been the GT2876 I sold him with the massive T04 style housing, looked like a GT30 but was a T25 framed turbo. That's going back a bit now!

Like you say, this could kill turbos if in the wrong hands, or even the right ones haha

I remember AP's handbrake switch setup, Smo had the same thing on his black pulsar didn't he?

YouTube

This is so much better than that WOTBOX rubbish :)

Indeed it is but its something you don't want to use all the time on the public road... I have already been give a big slap on the wrist by the boys in blue. They were very interested in the car at the time and they let me off with a warning.

Yeah that'll happen a lot of the time if you don't act like a nob with the police. I once got a similar warning for "making excess noise", Jenvey ITBs at WOT is a wonderful thing :)

The ANTILAG and NLS work off the same routine in the me7. The original launch used was a software limit launch. A false or second rev limit was used at a set piont to create your launch limit, this was only active once the speed was below a set speed 1.25 miles an hour, then once speed passed this the second limit came active. It worked on the same principle of the rev limit seen in normal use.

the ALS/NLS routine is based on setting the dwell time to 0. A speed threshold is set again below which the routine over rides the original function, so while the car is above 1mph the car acts normally, bow that speed and clutch engaged the ANTILAG launch comes active, rpm increase until launch rpm is reached, then ignition is cut for a set time, this can be varied for more or less boost/bangs. The fuel Is still injected and the resulting ignition in the turbine housing spins the turbo up. The NLS works in a similar fashion cutting ignition this time at a predefined accelerator position and rpm threshold. You need balls to do it as dropping the clutch at 7k with WOT and seeing the boost stay put while spitting flames gets the heart going, only limiting thing is how quickly you can change gear.

This can now be coded to any me7 and patched directly into any existing Ecu flash.

I once got a similar warning for "making excess noise", Jenvey ITBs at WOT is a wonderful thing :)

Me too, Been there and got the T-Shirt with one of my old projects that i did 6 years ago

wbq4ps.jpg

on the small bursts not much out of the ordinary.. but I have only used it in short bursts.. Logging to follow possibly tomoz on the dyno I can see actual egt numbers off dyno logger. Nothing glowing at all.. aside from the flames out the back of course :p

Reactions: Zman6000
Just been told by the head man, it's set to 5500.

Come on guys, dump the ME3 and convert to ME7, simples...

Well worked for me anyway,lol

I'll try it later, but cant easily video it bar from inside. unless i do it tomorrow and vid from a static point.

All very sexy, I need rods! I've said it before we're entering a golden age of tuning on our engines! Happy days!